I have the Satellite P25-S477 laptop and I am trying to reformat to its factory condition. I was given this computer from my grandma and I want the computer to be clean and back to new. Is there anyway I can do this from the laptop? I have tried the f10 f8 holding down 0, nothing works. The computer is running WindowsXP.. anyone ? please help me!!! :)
Toshiba laptops from mid 2007 onwards don't have a recovery disc supplied with a purchase of a laptop. Instead, Toshiba has added a hidden partition on the hard drive which contains the same files on a recovery cd / dvd.
To reinstall your laptop to the factory settings / "out of the box" settings, please follow these steps. It worked for me, and should work for you.
ALL DATA WILL BE ERASED ON YOUR HARD DRIVE IF YOU PROCEED. YOU WILL NEED TO ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE THE POWER ADAPTER PLUGGED IN. DO NOT SWITCH OFF OR RESTART YOUR COMPUTER DURING THIS PROCESS.
1) Hold down the power button for 10 (ten) seconds to switch off your machine.
Please note: Holding down the power button on the machine forces it to switch off. Any unsaved data will be lost.
2) Press and hold the 0 (zero) key and at the same time, tap the power button once to switch on your notebook.
3) When the machine Starts beeping; release the 0 key.
4) When prompted by the warning screen; select Yes to continue with the system recovery.
5) Select Recovery of Factory Default Software; click Next.
6) Select Recover to out-of-box state. Click Next again.
7) Click Next to Start recovery.
you can also download a pdf for the user manual:
go to Google search and type:( users guide P25-S477 )download the pdf file it will show you how to reset it.
To use this model properly, read the user's guide carefully ...... See the "Mobile Computing" section of the Toshiba User's Guide ...
I checked the manual and it has no recovery instructions. I suspect this is a rather old P4 laptop and it needs the recovery CD from Toshiba. Its best to just use a Registry and file cleaner like CCleaner or AdvancedSystemCare. Both have free versions on the Web.
As explained by xpcman last message that there is no recovery option as its old you will have to format it using a windows installation cd then download drivers and install one by one,you will get drivers on official Toshiba website follow this link: