Can't access Microsoft's website! [Solved/Closed]

Me - Aug 29, 2010 at 10:17 AM - Latest reply:  Abd864
- Jan 1, 2018 at 02:23 AM
Hello,

Everytime I try going onto Microsoft's website, the page will not load or come up, instead I get a message reading "cannot connect to the server".
I can go on any other website fine, with no problems, except for Microsofts website; which I need to access at times to download different softwares.
Right now I am using Firefox, but I also have IE and the same problem occurs there.

Somebody please help.

See more 

16 replies

Best answer
jack4rall 6507 Posts Sunday June 6, 2010Registration dateSecurity contributorStatus December 30, 2015 Last seen - Aug 29, 2010 at 12:21 PM
Thank you
Hello,

Try this 1.

1)Click on Start --> Run --> type cmd and click on OK.

Command Prompt will be opened. Then enter this command.

ipconfig /flushdns and press "Enter".

Now try to open Microsoft website.

2)If the problem still exits, then click on Start --> Run --> type services.msc and

click on OK --> Right-click on "DNS Client" and select "Stop".

3)Click on the below link and download the file.

http://download.microsoft.com/...

Double-click on that file and follow the instructions.

Good Luck.

Thank you, jack4rall 20

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1674 users this month

wow...it worked...impressive!!
Thank you so much for this! My problem -- which this seems to have fixed (fingers crossed) == was that while I was able to access www dot microsoft dot com, when I clicked on an item in a dropdown menu, I was redirected to some awful trap (that I did not click on) w/ the address of

weeklywinner dot s3 dot amazonaws dot com slash winner [and then I think dot html]

Having lots of other computer problems lately so I can only hope this did the trick.
thank you very much.. it is working
yes it works
Thank you