Probem with external drive

Closed
baballiyo - Aug 30, 2010 at 09:48 PM
mancy Posts 124 Registration date Monday July 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2016 - Aug 31, 2010 at 01:12 AM
Hello,
my name is abdullahi balarabe i have a data in my extarnal drive i just keep it for some time with out using after i carry and pug it in my system but system fail to see it evan in my computer place what is salution.

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 30, 2010 at 11:19 PM
There must be some sort of problem with the hardware or the USB cable you use. Check the USB cable and confirm that it is plugged in correctly. If problem still persists, contact the nearest hardware reseller.
mancy Posts 124 Registration date Monday July 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2016 94
Aug 31, 2010 at 01:12 AM
First of all, if the external drive is the only source for your important files you are foolish. You should always maintain at least two copies of all files you wish to keep.

What OS were you using on the original computer?

Was the drive working OK the last time you used it on the original computer?

What type and capacity hard drive/s is in the WinXP computer?

I don't know what Disk Management is looking at with 1174 online. That is the total of the three partitions you listed.

Did you scroll while in Disk Management? Sometimes there is too much information to see on the screen at one time.

You don't state what connection type your 500GB external hard drive is. A am assuming USB? There are other connection types.

Did you see the enclosure in Device Manager?