Internet fail if signal drops below excellent

Closed
Chris - Oct 7, 2010 at 01:58 PM
 Chris - Oct 8, 2010 at 04:37 AM
Hello,

I'm using Windows Vista Basic, service pack 1 on a Compaq CQ60 with an Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter. The problem is that when I try connecting to the internet in my bedroom, where there is a good signal (3 bars), either I lose the connection to the internet (but maintain a local connection), or the little yellow triangle appears i the bootom right, or it says its connected to local and the internet, but i still can't surf the net. All of this, while still maintaining at least 3 bars of signal, sometimes 4. Someone else has tried with their laptop in my bedroom and had no problems. I also have no problems as long as I'm sitting next to the router and have excellent signal. This problem only started about 3 or 4 days ago. Help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Oct 7, 2010 at 02:14 PM
Hello,

Maybe you should run a cable from the router to your bedroom or move the latter next to your bedroom. A "little yellow triangle" means that the connection is limited, that may be due to the fact that there are too many obstacles for the Wireless connection to work properly with your laptop (I'm not talking about your friends laptops - maybe their hardware is more powerful than yours)... You should check out if recently, some metallic objects/ electronic devices or large furniture were settle next to your room!
But if that's the problem, I don't understand how I can have 'limited connectivity' and still have a good signal strength? And I never drop the connection to the local network, so that would say to me that it's a problem with my service provider. However, if that was the case, why would the internet work fine when signal is excellent?