External Hard Drive not recognized at all... [Closed]

-
 paully -
Hello, I pulled the hard drive out of my previous laptop when I got a new one and have been utilizing it in an external enclosure for about a year with no issues. Recently, I turned my computer on and found that this hard drive was not being recognized by My Computer, Device Manager, or Disk Manager, however the green light showing power is still on and I can feel the vibe of the disk itself when plugged in. I have tried plugging it into other computers to no avail and have used a pen drive on the usb ports that I typically have this drive plugged into and it is recognized. I have concluded that it is the external hard drive that is the issue, but I do not know how to fix this drive and make it work once again. Any suggestions or anyone have help for me? I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you so much in advance! :)

2 replies

I have the same problem with my Intenso 320gb HDD. I have a green light on my HDD but its not being reconized at all, not in my computer or Device manager, any suggestions please Many thanks in advance
Registration date
Monday November 15, 2010
Status
Last seen
November 15, 2010

Does your computer give the index letter to a external drive?
No, it has always been my F:| drive (I have another 320 gb external that is registerd as my E:|) and it is not being recognized at all. I am just very confused as I have not run into this problem before. Thanks for input however. Any other ideas? I feel like I should try formatting the drive, but I can not do so as it does not register on a computer. :s
I have the same problem with my Intenso 320gb HDD. I have a green light on my HDD but its not being reconized at all, not in my computer or Device manager, any suggestions please Many thanks in advance
GotRice
Registration date
Sunday January 23, 2011
Status
Last seen
January 23, 2011
I, too have the same problem with my WD 1T HD, and I don't want to lose the memory inside the HD. There is a light showing it works. My full problem is here, and there are some answers, so try to see if they work. Join in with this forum.

https://ccm.net/forum/affich-522124-external-usb-hard-drive-don-t-show-up
My samsung s2 500gb has the same issue, but it doesn't vibrate, it only turn the lights on and off as ussually. HELP!!!