Live update on acer aspire one doesn't work!

Closed
jo_fisher_2002 - Jan 4, 2009 at 11:10 AM
 hiten - Jan 1, 2010 at 03:36 AM
Hello,

the live update on my acer aspire one doesn't work. when I run it the screen just says communicating with server the whole time, then an error message appears saying could not download information. can anyone help?

Thank you

5 replies

captain Dekker
Jan 31, 2009 at 12:13 PM
Hello,
I have the same problem and are still looking. Do you more ?

Cpt. Dekker
Ripped off by acer
Apr 27, 2009 at 07:59 PM
I like apparently so many others have found out that Dell ain't the only computer company that doesn't care about it's users, I bought a dell and now have a ten pound paperweight, so like a fool I tried another company ,Acer and learned that acer doesn't even have support in this country because if the did the various state's attorney generals would force them to help us, the main problem with the aspire is that it uses a FAT 32 File system which allocates a large chuck of your file space for every program you do load and the ssd drive gets used up with like 4 program loads no matter how many mgs or kbs you actually use any he would be greatly appreciated , I saw tankgirls post but don't think I could do it myself, HELP!!!!!
same problem
It asks me to configure internet settings
but settings are ok
there is some problem with wireless drivers also
Arcade need to be made user friendly
its you tube does not work
lots of problems
jhumpy
Registration date
Wednesday May 27, 2009
Status
Last seen
May 28, 2009
May 28, 2009 at 04:31 AM
Hi I have the Acer Aspire One notebook model AOA110-AB, when I try and download the updates it comes with with error message about the information file being wrong and re-try updates to fix the problem, the problem is this message is the only thing I get. Also I cannot use the webcam unless I want to stare at myself all night. I am using the built in messenger and my friends use Msn live messenger, they have tried to invite me for a webcam view but nothing happens either end, I cannot even see their request. I am linux (i think this is right).

Thanks x
to get your webcam working on an acer aspire one you need to download an rpm called snack,install this and all should be well as with the updates I to am having problems but I open up a terminal and type yum install updates and this seems to do the job
outcry38
Registration date
Friday March 27, 2009
Status
Last seen
June 11, 2009
May 7, 2009 at 03:22 AM
hi,
this may be a connection error from Acer.
try some other time.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
how can I upgrade my computer?
donadony3
Registration date
Sunday February 1, 2009
Status
Last seen
March 2, 2009
Feb 25, 2009 at 02:11 AM
What you mean with upgrade?
which linux distribution you have ?