Wireless Internet Connection Problem

Closed
F291 - Dec 27, 2011 at 12:57 PM
 Anonymous User - Dec 27, 2011 at 01:32 PM
Hello,
I have a problem with my wireless internet connection on my desktop. So, I guess I shall give you a rundown on my problem. I have a wireless adapter connected to my desktop which is a Belkin and had this adapter for 3 months with no problem. However, it says I am connected to the Internet but when I open google chrome it doesn't load a page and it aske me to reload and etc. Sometimes I get a yellow triangle around my wireless connection icon on the bottom right of screen and I once got a message saying some other computer has thebsame ip or something. In addition, I can play on my xboxs which are connected to the modem.

Thanks in advance for your answers!
Dan I.

1 response

Anonymous User
Dec 27, 2011 at 01:15 PM
Hi,

I assume you have the message "Limited Connection".

Ok, follow these steps and see if it will solve the issue.

Try to connect again then right click on the network icon on the bottom right of the

screen and click diagnose repair. Click on the option to check Tcp/ip settings. Follow

those directions for the IPversion4. You will be able to connect after that.

The main idea is that the laptop wasn't getting an ip address automatically, and that's what you're going to change in the IP settings.

Best of luck, if it works for you, spread the word!
Unfortunately, it didn't work. I've tried all these troubleshoots and fixes. And it still won't work. Thank you for the advice though.
Anonymous User
Dec 27, 2011 at 01:32 PM
Ok,

Try to uninstall your network driver, go to your computer official website and download the lan and wireless latest driver then re-install it to see if it will solve the issue.