After copying data to pendrive and repluging it shows empty

Solved/Closed
shubhambhoyar Posts 29 Registration date Saturday May 25, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 20, 2013 - May 25, 2013 at 11:53 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jun 1, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Hello to kioskea.net,

help me friends I m having trouble with my pendrive 16gb transcend problem I see with pendrive is whenever I copy files or any data to pendrive all copying is done and when I remove it safely and replug it shows empty all the time it happens SIZE (15.6 GB FREE OF 15.6). in win7 ultimate 64bit

THANKS.

Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
May 27, 2013 at 05:24 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

Click on Start --> In search box, type control folders and press Enter.

[If you are using Windows XP then type control folders in Run and press Enter]

"Folder Options" will be opened. Click on the "View" tab.

Now select the option "Show hidden files, folders or drives" and uncheck the

check box "Hide protected operating system files" --> Click on "OK" button.

Now look for your files in your Pen drive.

Later undo the changes you have made by once again going to "Folder Options"

--> Click on "View" tab and click on "Restore Defaults" button --> Click on "OK".

Good Luck
shubhambhoyar Posts 29 Registration date Saturday May 25, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 20, 2013
May 27, 2013 at 08:57 AM
hi
i am using windows7 ultimate 64 bit
checked the folder options as per u said it did not work for me
1) earlier I was unable to format my pendrive I used transcend format tool in cf mode which worked.
2) my data get hidden shows space used but data is not visible . help
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
May 27, 2013 at 09:29 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
Click on Start --> In search box, type cmd. When "Command Prompt" appears in the search list, right-click on it and select "Run as administrator". "Command Prompt" will be opened.
Here I assume your pen drive letter as g
Enter the below commands
dir/ah g: > d:\list1.txt --> Press Enter
dir g: > d:\list2.txt --> Press Enter
Note : Don't forget to replace the letter g with your pen drive letter.
Now go to your D-Drive ( If D-drive doesn't exist then replace the d: with c:in the above command)
In D-drive you can find two file list1 and list2. Upload it to https://authentification.site
and paste the download url here.
Good Luck