My External USB Hard Drive doesn't show in my Vaio E Series

Closed
Abigail - Nov 9, 2014 at 05:35 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Nov 11, 2014 at 07:24 AM
Hello,

I'm just wondering why it happened? and how will I fix it? Actually it was my old Hard drive but its only 320 GB that's why i bought a new one and then replaced it, so after replacing my hard drive I made it as my External USB so that i could still have a benefit to it. At first I connected it to my computer to test if it will still work and to my many thanks it was working and then i formatted it and then due to my excitement..after clearing my hard drive's files i put all my movies in there which if I'm not wrong was 160plus GB in size. Now after i unplugged it, the next day I plugged it again but not working anymore! In any computer! I'm sure it was not virus because my laptop does'nt have any virus and I didn't plugged it to other computer before I plugged it again on mine. I hope that you could help me in my problem. :( I want to know how to fix this and what might happen to this to not working anymore.

P.S!
Sorry for my english/grammar. I'm from Philippines and I'm only 14 years old. So i'm still lacking of english words. kekeke~

Related:

2 responses

nathanwirth Posts 324 Registration date Thursday May 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 27, 2022 28
Nov 10, 2014 at 01:11 AM
What formatting method have you used: Quick or Deep? Open 'Disk Management' and see if your drive is listed. You'll also need to check its properties and status as well such as RAW or healthy.

We'll need little more details to dig deeper and suggest troubleshooting steps accordingly.
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Nov 11, 2014 at 07:24 AM
Hi, Abigail

What type of cable are you using for this connection? Are you using a laptop? Connect your old HDD with the SATA cable and check if the drive will be listed in BIOS and Device Manager. You may need to format and initialize the drive in Disk Management.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-and-format-a-hard-disk-partition-bbb8e185-1bda-ecd1-3465-c9728f7d7d2e - some tips on how to use Disk Management.

Hope this helps