My toshiba will not load properly

Closed
Manuel51847 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday February 7, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 8, 2015 - Feb 7, 2015 at 01:43 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Feb 8, 2015 at 05:04 PM
Hi,
My laptop is not loading properly, it reaches the login page but when i log in it just goes blank.
It will also not let me restart and i have not got a boot cd. See below a message that appears

appea

3 responses

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Feb 7, 2015 at 03:05 PM
Can you start it in safe mode? ... to get there try this -

1) When you boot to the login screen, hold down the SHIFT key and click on Restart. This will take you to the troubleshooting option screen where you can enable Safe Mode.
2) Click on the Troubleshoot button.
3) Select Advanced Options.
4) Now choose the Windows Startup Settings option.
5) Finally hit the Restart button.

This should let you into the Advanced Boot Options screen. Choose Safe Mode (using the arrow keys) and hit the Enter Key. When it eventually opens dont worry if the icons look big and the screen shows wierd colours - it may be using different graphics settings in Safe Mode.

If you get there and you can see a desktop and the start button works then it is possibly a startup program/service that is causing this issue - perhaps you installed new software, or a driver has been updated. You can try now to use System Restore to take you to a time where you know the machine worked. I prefer to use the restore point before the date you know works. It might also be worth performing a virus check before the restore - assuming it lets you.

Let me know how you get on.
I really appreciate thank you messages as a payment for solving issues :o)
Manuel51847 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday February 7, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 8, 2015
Feb 8, 2015 at 11:09 AM
Hi,

I have tried this but when i click restart it says please wait but it just seems to freeze. Any other ideas?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Feb 8, 2015 at 05:04 PM
Hello Brian and Manuel,

Perhaps that this article will shed light on the issue:

https://www.hugedomains.com/domain_profile.cfm?d=smartpctricks&e=com

Best regards