Gateway laptop lights up will not power on.

Closed
toobefit Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday March 30, 2016 Status Member Last seen April 1, 2016 - Mar 30, 2016 at 02:15 PM
 Blocked Profile - Mar 31, 2016 at 05:02 PM
Hello,

I have a Gateway Laptop NV75S04u that has not had much use, one day I tried to power on the laptop and it flashed as if it was going to power up, made a few clicking noises, flashed the power button and battery light button several times in sync with the clicks but would not turn on. I have reviewed several online blogs and repair videos featuring information regarding removing the main battery and then replacing. I did this and was initially able to power up the laptop for about an hour and a half. The battery indicator shows the laptop is fully charged. Since then I have not been able to repeat and I need to retrieve information off the hard drive, please HELP.

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Mar 30, 2016 at 05:11 PM
bad motherboard, more than likely.
toobefit Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday March 30, 2016 Status Member Last seen April 1, 2016
Mar 31, 2016 at 04:51 PM
Even if I have been able to turn the laptop on once after the initial issue? And back up some of the information to an external hard drive before it shut down again?
Blocked Profile
Mar 31, 2016 at 05:02 PM
If you have another PC handy, go and get a SATA to USB adaptor and place the harddrive behind another OS after it boots (utilizing the SATA to USB device!)

It costs about $35.00(us). Or, you could take it to a technician and pay 4* that!