Computer shuts down when connect Modem and run internet

Closed
Jahangir Alam - Oct 31, 2016 at 05:01 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Oct 31, 2016 at 06:07 AM
Hello, My Desktop computer shutdown when connect Modem and run internet about 10 minutes then Restart my Desktop Computer. Besides I use a USB cable for modem connect but I have no found any well result, in this circumstances What I can do???

configure: Dual core, DDR 3 Two GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 31, 2016 at 06:07 AM
Hi Jahagir Alam,

Could you please give us some more details about the issue? Does the PC shuts down or it restarts while you are using it? Why do you use a USB cable to connect your modem to your PC? Could you try with an Ethernet cable?
I strongly recommend you to download a tool that measures the PC temperature and check if your PC is facing some overheating issues. Sudden PC shut downs may indicate a Power supply problem too. Do you have the option to check the PC with another PSU?
Additionally run the Command Prompt as an Administrator and type the command:
sfc /scannow

It would be wise to backup all important data, because you may need to reinstall the OS if all other troubleshooting methods fail.

Hope this helps