There are lots of customization options both in Counter-Strike and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive that are designed to improve your gameplay experience. One of the most effective modifications is choosing which side of the screen your weapon is displayed.
Why weapon orientation matters?
Most gamers have a preference as to which side their weapon is oriented in a first-person shooter. Why one side works better than the other, is dependent on you having a dominant eye. If your right eye is the dominant eye then a left-handed weapon orientation will work better, as there will then be more space on the right side of the screen, that was otherwise obscured with the weapon. It is the inverse if your left eye is dominant.
How to change right hand in Counter Strike and CSGO?
Changing your weapon orientation is easy to do, and can have a positive impact on your overall gameplay experience. Here's how:
- You will need to start by enabling the Developer Console.
- Go into Help and Options > Game Settings > Enable Developer Console.
Note: There should be a keyboard symbol next to Enable Developer Console, this is the key that you need to press to open the Developer Console.
- Exit game settings, and press the relevant key to enter the Developer Console. The Console will look like this:
- If you want the ViewModel to be displayed on the right, enter:
- If you want to change this to the left side, then use the following command.
Confirm your choice with the Enter key.
Assigning a key to switch between two hands
You can also make your gaming experience more efficient by assigning a key to switch hands. For example, to assign the b key, do the following:
Open your console and type bindtoggle b cl_righthand.