Are you seeing the error message "connection failed after 4 retries" when reloading Counter Strike Source on Steam after a previous game crashes? This article will show you how to fix this common issue.
How to fix the "connection failed after 4 retries" issue on CS?
- Go to My Games.
- Search CounterStrike: Source.
- Make a right-click on Properties.
- Go to Set Launch Options...
- Copy this line "+clientport xxxxx" and if you want to keep the game console too use this line "+clientport xxxxx -console" [without the quotes]
- Select OK and start the game.
- Replace "xxxxx" by a TCP port that you will open on your ADSL Router.
More gaming questions? Check out our forum!