Connection failed after 4 retries: CS Source, Counter Strike
Are you seeing the error message "connection failed after 4 retries" when reloading Counter Strike Source on Steam after a previous game crashes? This article will show you how to fix this common issue.
How to fix the "connection failed after 4 retries" issue on CS?
- Go to My Games.
- Search CounterStrike: Source.
- Make a right-click on Properties.
- Go to Set Launch Options...
- Copy this line "+clientport xxxxx" and if you want to keep the game console too use this line "+clientport xxxxx -console" [without the quotes]
- Select OK and start the game.
- Replace "xxxxx" by a TCP port that you will open on your ADSL Router.
More gaming questions? Check out our forum!
Around the same subject
- Connection failed after 4 retries css
- Gta 4 download > Download - Action and adventure
- Cartoon animator 4 download > Download - Illustration and animation
- Ce-42288-4 > PS3 & PS4 Forum
- Railway wi-fi connection > Guide
- Movies audio 4 free > Audio Forum