Now that PlayStation5 and Xbox Series X/S are finally here and because of their retrocompatibility, it seems like a good moment to look back and see what good zombie video games the last eleven brought us.
The Last of Us Part 2
The Last of Us 2 is an action-adventure game with survival horror elements that was developed by Naughty Dog and released in June 2020. It follows the adventures of Ellie, one of the protagonists from the first opus. Set in a post-apocalyptic world and viewed from a third-person perspective, the game allows you to choose between melee and ranged combats, with phases of stealth. With long, movie-like cinematics and surprising zombie attacks, get ready for loads of adrenaline and an emotional rollercoaster.
Release date: June 19, 2020.
Original Platforms: PlayStation 4.
The Evil Within 2
The Evil Within 2 is a survival horror game that was developed by Tango Gameworks and released in October 2017. In this Part 2, you play once again detective Sebastian Castellanos who has to find and save his daughter. Confront directly enemies or use stealth and craft your own items while playing from a third-person perspective. To make the most of this experience, set one of the three difficulty levels that suits you the most: Casual, Survival, or Nightmare.
Release date: October 13, 2017.
Original Platforms: PlayStation 4, Windows, Xbox One.
Dying Light is a survival horror video game that was developed by Techland and released in January 2015. Meet and play undercover agent Kyle Crane from a first-person perspective and try to infiltrate the city of Harran, a zone under quarantine. In this game, you have to adapt to the dynamic day-night cycle and prepare traps and save people during the day - during the night, enemies become faster and their senses - more acute. The game allows you to craft and sell your own weapons and enjoy parkour mechanics but it also features a four-player cooperative multiplayer mode to explore Harran with your friends. Also, don't forget that Dying Light 2: Stay Human will be released on February 4th, 2022.
Release date: January 26, 2015.
Original Platforms: Linux, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Mac OS.
The Days Gone recipe consists of almost everything mentioned in the games above: it is an action-adventure survival horror video game. It was developed by Bend Studio and released in April 2019. In Days Gone, you follow outlaw biker and bounty hunter Deacon Lee St. John in an open-world, post-apocalyptic Oregon. To offer you the most complete experience possible, this third-person perspective game allows you to craft items, confront zombie-like creatures with long and short-ranged weapons, or use stealth mechanics. Also, by the time you finish Days Gone, you will probably want to cover yourself with tattoos.
Release date: April 26, 2019.
Original Platforms: PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
As mentioned above, the zombie theme is not only present in the horror genre. And this is the case of this multiplayer third-person shooter and tower defense video game that was developed by PopCap Games and released in February 2014. Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare leaves you the choice between eight classes and a cooperative or competitive multiplayer environment. Level up your character by completing unique challenges to each class. Whenever you choose the cooperative or of the competitive modes, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare promises tons of fun.
Release date: February 25, 2014.
Original Platforms: Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 & 4, Xbox 360 & One.
Resident Evil 8: Village
Resident Evil: Village is a survival horror game. It was developed by Capcom and released in May 2021. In this opus, you play Ethan Winters from a first-person perspective, and you follow him and his family in their new home in Romania. Different and similar at the same time to the previous installments, stealth and running away are important gameplay mechanics. However, you can still arm yourself with different weapons and block attacks. All of this promises to experience moments of great tension - and this is exactly what you will get.
Release date: May 7, 2021.
Original Platforms: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Series S, Microsoft Windows, Google Stadia.
Dead Space 2
This science-fiction survival horror brings us back to January 2011 with its unique ambiance. Dead Space 2 was developed by Visceral Games and it’s set three years after the events of the first game. From a third-person perspective, you play protagonist Isaac Clarke as he fights a necromorph outbreak on a Titan space station called The Sprawl. Known from the previous game, in Dead Space 2 you have the Resource Integration Gear (RIG) suit that shows Isaac different kinds of information (messages, ammunition, oxygen) by projecting holograms. In this game, you can buy and sell items and upgrade your weapons and armor. While confronting the necromorphs, the player must choose the sections of their bodies to shoot, as this influences the damaging impact. There are also five different difficulty levels: Casual, Normal, Survivalist, Zealot, and Hard Core.
Release date: January 25, 2011.
Original Platforms: Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360.
Zombie Army (Trilogy)
Zombie Army (Trilogy - includes a remastered version of Nazi Zombie Army and its sequel) is a third-person tactical shooter stealth game. It was developed by Rebellion Developments and was originally released in March 2015. The story is set in an alternative version of World War II where towards its end, the Nazis raise the dead soldiers in a final attempt to change the outcome of the war. The weapons in the game are inspired by the period it is set in, and the gameplay puts the emphasis on action and taking down the enemies from afar, rather than on stealth. The player has also great control over the direction of the bullets and can influence it by holding their breath, for example.
Release date: March 6, 2015; March 31, 2020.
Original Platforms: Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch.
- Plants vs. zombies top computer games
- Nba jam (2010 video game) > Download
- Best indie video game soundtracks > Guide
- Little Alchemy cheats: all 580 combinations and elements > Guide
- Zuma's Revenge > Download
- Zuma Deluxe > Download
- Connect controller to PC: bluetooth, wireless, PS4
- Hitman 3 cheats: PS4, Xbox One, PS5, PC, Xbox series X
- Crusader Kings 3 cheats: Steam, Game Pass, immortal
- RGSS-RTP standard: error, not found
- How to recover Need For Speed Underground 2 save files
- Unable to host World of Warcraft 3 LAN game
- The Elder Scrolls 6: release date, location, trailer
- How to remove Steam Guard: mobile authenticator, from PC
- Avakin Life free coins: 2022
- How to turn off cloud sync Steam
- Black Friday 2021 on Steam
- Flash games for PC: download, online, old
- Star Wars Battlefront cheat codes: Xbox, PS2
- Starfield: release date, location, and gameplay
- The best online game stores for PC: Steam, Origin, GOG, etc
- Skate 4: release date, trailer, gameplay and rumors
- Play Hero Wars: online, free, on PC, Mini Games
- The best crossplay games: 2021, PS4 PC, Xbox PC, Swtich
- How to set the maximum ping in Steam
- How to play Among Us: on Mac, on PC, online
- Valheim tips and tricks: for beginners, 2022
- Fix registry error loading key Warcraft III\InstallPath
- Steam profile status: checker, privacy settings
- The best horror PC games (2021) for Halloween
- Get and redeem promo codes on Roblox
- Online escape game: free, without flash, with friends
- Play Atari Breakout on Google
- The best free online gaming sites
- Everything you need to know about E3
- Fortnite Halloween 2021: skins, dates, and Fortnitemares
- The best video games of the year: 2021
- DirectX Encountered an Unrecoverable Error: how to fix it?
- Customize updates and background downloads for Steam games
- Resident Evil 8: Village: characters, DLC, VR
- Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout: guide, gameplay, download
- Best Cyberpunk 2077 bugs
- Dota Underlords: cheats and tips
- PlayStation Plus games for May 2022
- Hades guide: tips and tricks
- The best VR games: on Steam, Occulus, 2022
- League of Legends: Wild Rift: champions, release date
- Psychology of video games: why we enjoy gaming?
- Harry Potter video games: for PC, Android, iOS, AR
- Create server: for Minecraft, for CounterStrike
- How to install Minecraft Mods: Windows, Mac
- Nintendo Direct 2022: February
- Offline Android games: download for free
- Everything about Amazon Luna: review, games
- How to restrict downloads on Steam?
- Cyberpunk 2077 refund: Xbox, Steam, PS4
- Fortnite Winterfest 2021: date, skins, map, presents
- Cloud gaming services: Xbox, free, Steam