The 2021 edition of E3 is over and provided us with some great announcements and updates, however, The Elder Scrolls 6 wasn't one of them. Initially announced in 2018, we haven't heard much about it since then - and a lot has passed. In the present article, we discuss everything we know about the future The Elder Scrolls VI: new, rumors, and predictions. So if you are a fan of the Elder Scrolls franchise, then read on - we have plenty to talk about!
Platforms and context
What platforms The Elder Scrolls 6 will be available on? To answer this question, we need some context.
Bethesda, the studio behind the Elder Scrolls franchise, has been acquired by Microsoft back in March 2021. On this occasion, Phil Spencer (current executive vice-president of Gaming at Microsoft) stated that the partnership is “about delivering great exclusive games for you that ship on platforms where Game Pass exists" - or, in other words, not PS5. Spencer also added, “Obviously I can’t sit here and say every Bethesda game is exclusive, because we know that’s not true” and specified: “We have games that exist on other platforms, and we’re gonna go support those games on the platforms they’re on. There are communities of players and we love those communities and we’ll continue to invest in them.”. On the other hand, Todd Howard (lead developer of the Elder Scrolls series) said that it is “hard to imagine” the game coming only to Xbox/PC. According to Jim Ryan (CEO of PlayStation) whether the game will come on PlayStation “That’s a decision that is out of our hands.” In conclusion, it is uncertain but not impossible that the Elder Scrolls 6 will be available on PS5 in addition to Xbox Series X|S and PC.
Elder Scrolls 6 release date
Back in 2019 Todd Howard stated that “Starfield is playable, Elder Scrolls VI not in that way yet.”. A logical supposition would be that Elder Scrolls VI will be released after Starfield. Today, we have a release date for Starfield: November 11th, 2022, meaning that it is Elder Scrolls VI won't be released before that date, with 2024 arguably being the earliest we could expect to see the next Elder Scrolls title (13 years after Skyrim was released).
Elder Scrolls 6 trailer
The good news is that there is an official announcement trailer for the game - the bad news is that it doesn’t reveal much. Please note that the video linked below is the only official and real trailer up to date.
Elder Scrolls 6 leaked footage
A leaked 10-seconds footage from a first-person view was posted on reddit (leaked from 4chan). However, it is hard to tell if it is a map testing of the game or anything to do with Elder Scrolls 6 in general. We recommend avoiding putting much hype into it (also, Redfall is a new FPS and it's unrelated to The Elder Scrolls 6).
Elder Scrolls 6 setting
The choice of the region has been made - this has been confirmed by Todd Howards. But when asked if it is possible to work out the location from the trailer, the lead developer said that “...you can't - it's intentional... You can rule some things out. And you can rule some things in”.
Two major regions have been rumored on the Internet: Black Marsh and Valenwood. While there is no solid argument in favor of the first one, in an internal Bethesda memo in 2014, employees were warned against using “Fallout: Nuka World, Elder Scrolls VI or Project Greenheart.”. And Greenheart is a city in Valenwood. Well, Fallout: Nuka World turned out, indeed, to be a DLC for Fallout 4, so why not Valenwood?
Another rumored region is Hammerfell - there is a Twitter post on the official account of the Elder Scrolls where an unmapped region of Hammerfell can be seen.
In addition to that, even though there was nothing official regarding the game during the 2021 edition of E3, there was another announcement that got fans hyped about the Elder Scrolls 6: Starfield. During the official teaser trailer of Starfield, reddit user Huhwtfbleh spotted a “scuff” that looks a lot like a doodle of a map - a doodle of Iliac Bay. Could this be an easter egg for TES6?
The Creation Engine got an overhaul - Todd Howard spoke about it and said "it's led to our largest engine overhaul since Oblivion, with all new technologies powering our first new IP in 25 years, Starfield, as well as The Elder Scrolls 6. In addition to that, photogrammetry technology will be used. This implies scanning real-life objects and environments and then converting them into a 3D render that is full of details.
- Elder scrolls 6 release date
- The elder scrolls vi
- New elder scrolls game
- Sony Issued Elder Scrolls Ultimatum
- Gta 6 release date > Guide
- Cs 1.6 cheats > Guide
- Facebook 6 digit confirmation code list > Forum - Facebook
- Please wait a few minutes to receive your 6-digit code before trying again. > Forum - Facebook
- Little Alchemy cheats: all 580 combinations and elements
- Connect controller to PC: bluetooth, wireless, PS4
- Hitman 3 cheats: PS4, Xbox One, PS5, PC, Xbox series X
- Crusader Kings 3 cheats: Steam, Game Pass, immortal
- RGSS-RTP standard: error, not found
- Black Friday 2021 on Steam
- How to recover Need For Speed Underground 2 save files
- Unable to host World of Warcraft 3 LAN game
- Flash games for PC: download, online, old
- How to remove Steam Guard: mobile authenticator, from PC
- How to play Among Us: on Mac, on PC, online
- The best crossplay games: 2021, PS4 PC, Xbox PC, Swtich
- Play Hero Wars: online, free, on PC, Mini Games
- Skate 4: release date, trailer, gameplay and rumors
- Star Wars Battlefront cheat codes: Xbox, PS2
- The best horror PC games (2021) for Halloween
- Avakin Life free coins: 2022
- The best online game stores for PC: Steam, Origin, GOG, etc
- How to set the maximum ping in Steam
- How to turn off cloud sync Steam
- Get and redeem promo codes on Roblox
- Fix registry error loading key Warcraft III\InstallPath
- Everything you need to know about E3
- Steam profile status: checker, privacy settings
- The best video games of the year: 2021
- Fortnite Halloween 2021: skins, dates, and Fortnitemares
- Valheim tips and tricks: for beginners, 2022
- Starfield: release date, location, and gameplay
- Resident Evil 8: Village: characters, DLC, VR
- Online escape game: free, without flash, with friends
- Free online puzzles
- Best zombie video games
- Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout: guide, gameplay, download
- DirectX Encountered an Unrecoverable Error: how to fix it?
- The best indie games sountracks
- League of Legends: Wild Rift: champions, release date
- Psychology of video games: why we enjoy gaming?
- Play Atari Breakout on Google
- The best VR games: on Steam, Occulus, 2022
- The best free online gaming sites
- Harry Potter video games: for PC, Android, iOS, AR
- Create server: for Minecraft, for CounterStrike
- Cloud gaming services: Xbox, free, Steam
- Customize updates and background downloads for Steam games
- Cyberpunk 2077 refund: Xbox, Steam, PS4
- Everything about Amazon Luna: review, games
- Fortnite Winterfest 2021: date, skins, map, presents
- How to restrict downloads on Steam?
- PlayStation Plus games for May 2022
- How to install Minecraft Mods: Windows, Mac
- Offline Android games: download for free
- Hades guide: tips and tricks
- Nintendo Direct 2022: February
- Best Cyberpunk 2077 bugs
- Dota Underlords: cheats and tips