A few weeks before the Qatar 2022 World Cup, EA Sports launched FIFA 23, the classic soccer game available for multiple platforms that combines improved artificial intelligence and high-quality graphics. In this article, we'll tell you all about the essential new features, players, and much more! Read on.
When is the FIFA 23 release date?
After months of waiting, and in anticipation of the approaching 2022 World Cup, on September 27, FIFA fans could play with the early access available on EA Play. The launch took a few more days for players who do not have this subscription platform, but the wait is over, as FIFA 23 has been available for sale since September 30. This new edition will be available in two versions: Standard and Ultimate.
On which platforms can you play FIFA 23?
Fortunately for all soccer fans, this new edition of FIFA is available on a wide range of consoles and online subscription platforms. So you can enjoy World Cup matches on your PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, Windows, Steam, Stadia, and Epic Games Store.
How much does FIFA 23 cost?
These are the prices of FIFA 23 for each console:
- PS4 & PS5
FIFA 23 for Xbox One: $59.99 or $53.99 via EA Play with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
FIFA 23 for Xbox X Series X|S: $69.99 or $62.99 via EA Play with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
FIFA 23 Ultimate Edition for Xbox One and X|S Series: $99.99 or $89.99 with an EA Play with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
- Other platforms
FIFA 23 EA app for Windows: from $69,99 or EA Play Pro for $14,99 per month.
FIFA 23 and Ultimate for Stadia: from $9.99 per month.
FIFA 23 for Steam: $69,99.
FIFA 23 Ultimate Edition for Steam: $89,99.
FIFA 23 for the Epic Games Store: $69,99 for the Standard version or $89,99 for the Ultimate Edition.
FIFA 23 Legacy Edition for Nintendo Switch: $39,99.
What's new in FIFA 23?
- Among the launch offers, there is the possibility of getting a historical cover icon on a 23-match loan. You will be able to play during the license period with Thierry Henry, Roberto Carlos, Wayne Rooney, Ronaldinho, or Kaká. This, of course, by purchasing the Ultimate version of the game before October 7, 2022. The offer does not include the EA Play trial version of FIFA 23 or logins via the FIFA 23 web or add-on application.
- Something that draws attention and makes this game even more remarkable is that it will be the last of the saga to have the FIFA license due to an economic disagreement between the videogame creator and FIFA itself. Electronic Arts has opted not to renew the license after 3 decades. Thus, the new releases will be called EA Sports FC from next year onwards.
- Another of the most awaited novelties for this edition is the possibility of enjoying the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ with improved graphics and new game modes. Once again, we find the best players in the world with a fantastic resemblance both in physique and in how they play soccer. With an increasingly diverse audience, EA has been wise to include the FIFA Women's World Cup Australia and New Zealand 2023™ in addition to the Barclays FA Women's Super League and Division 1 Arkema, with a content update at no additional cost.
- FIFA 23 also implements HyperMotion technology, which captures the movements of real soccer matches through artificial intelligence and machine learning. The learning is done from 9.2 million frames of advanced capture of matches, data that are processed to create realistic animations, both of the player who carries the ball and the rest of the players on the field.
- The Ultimate version also includes a FUT Promises player, a Team of the Week player (TOTW), the option to play 5 matches with Kylian Mbappé, 1 FUT ambassador player on loan for 3 matches, and Local Talent in Career mode.
What are the game modes?
Regarding connectivity, EA Sports has endeavored to launch a cross-console compatible product, meaning you can play with your friends with a PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, or PC. Cross-play is available in a variety of modes, including friendly matches, online seasons (except co-op seasons), FUT Division Rivals (except co-op), FUT Champions, FUT Ultimate Draft Online, FUT online friendlies (except co-op), play against a FUT friend, and more.
- Career Mode
Career Mode lets you step into the shoes of real coaches such as Pep Guardiola, Jürgen Klopp, or Thomas Tuchel. In this game mode, you can follow a player's career or manage a club to lead it to victory. You will also be able to choose between 350 real coaches, thirty of which will have their natural faces.
A curious fact for Ted Lasso's fans, the charismatic protagonist of the homonymous series broadcast by Apple TV is available in FIFA 23 with his fictional team, AFC Richmond.
- FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT)
As in previous versions of the game, the 2023 edition includes the Ultimate Team mode, in which you can create your ideal team and improve the chemistry between players as they play matches. In FIFA 23, the system to measure the affinity between players of the same team has been renewed. The result is a system with fewer penalties that benefits squads with players participating in the same league or coming from the same country.
FUT also includes the Moments mode, in which it is possible to overcome different challenges for a player based on real match situations. By overcoming these challenges, you can earn points to buy new cards and improve your team.