Sometimes it is handy to readjust the mapping of the button commands that come by default with the official PlayStation 4 controller or pimp your controller's look. Here you will find everything you need to know to shape your experience using the PS4 controller.
How to customize the buttons mapping?
Here are the steps to follow:
- Log into your PS4 account.
- Go to Settings.
- Click Accessibility and then select Button Assignments.
- Next, activate Enable custom button assignments.
- Now, click Customize button assignments.
- Finally, adjust the mapping to your preferences.
To change the options, go to the command you want to modify and press X. Then select the command you want from the list.
The buttons that you can customize are X, Square, Triangle, Circle, Up, Down, Left, Right, L, R, L1, L2, L3, R1, R2, and R3.
Things to consider
It is very important to bear in mind that video games do not know that a command reset has been carried out. Therefore, when displaying instructions, it may ask you to press 'O', but according to the new configuration, this is now done by pressing X. This means that you will have to remember what change you have made.
- You can disable the customization for certain games. If you don't, the new settings will affect all of them. However, it will affect only one user account.
How to change the appearance of the DualShock 4 controller?
The first thing we recommend doing is to buy the necessary kit to manipulate the controller.
You can find more or less complete models (with spare screws, batteries, etc.) and follow the next steps:
- Remove the knob screws.
- Separate the two pieces by division very carefully.
- Remove the lock (white ribbon) and the battery to separate the parts completely.
- Carefully remove the R2 trigger.
- Remove the screws from the black plastic piece that prevents the battery from touching the motherboard.
- Remove the touchpad by pulling the orange ribbon.
- Remove the motherboard carefully.
- Once this is done, you can access the back of the buttons and make the changes.
Depending on the part you want to change, you will have to perform one procedure or another. That is why we recommend looking for specific information about each of them on the web.
Another option to personalize your DualShock 4 is to use stickers for the light bar. On Amazon, you can find some for all tastes. Images: