This guide will teach you how to take a screenshot on the PlayStation 4. You will be able to take a screenshot of your game session and share it with your friends on social networks.
How to test the standard screenshot mode?
- Long press (1-2 seconds) on the Share button of the DualShock 4 controller.
- A camera icon will appear at the top of your screen indicating that the screenshot has been saved (Gallery > Screenshots).
- You can post the screenshot to Twitter or Facebook.
How to test the easy screenshots mode?
You can customize your console for easy screenshots by changing the control type of the Share button:
- Tap on the Share button to display the Share menu.
- Tap on the Options button.
- Go to Share Settings > Share Button Control Type and select Easy Screenshots.
- Tap the Share button to take a screenshot.
- Long press the Share button to open the Share menu.
- Double tap the Share button to record a video clip.
What are the voice commands?
If you have enabled voice commands on your PS4, then you can simply say the phrase “PlayStation, take screenshot” followed by a tap on the Share button to record a screenshot of your current screen.