Often our cell phones overheat, which can cause it to slow down or even shut down. Shutting down and slowing down protect the device from further damage by reducing the heat generated by the processor. In this article, we will share several reasons why your cell phone is heating up and some tricks to avoid it.
The surrounding temperature (indoors or outdoors) has an impact on your device's performance. Extreme temperatures, continued exposure to sunlight, and other sources of heat can ruin your cell phone. If you are in a hot area and your phone is getting hot, turn it off for a bit and leave it in a shady (ideally cooler) area to reduce the temperature.
Another common reason is that the phone battery is defective. You will notice the heat is concentrated where the battery is located. In that case, it is better to find a new one.
N.B.: A defective charger could also cause your phone to overheat. Check if it's damaged or working correctly.
If your phone starts to heat quickly while using your favorite apps, it's likely because they are high performance programs or because there are too many apps open at once. To check if this is the case with your device, close all running apps and observe if the device cools.
Additionally, you can check which processes are using more memory and resources on the phone. If you have Android, go to Development Options > Process statistics. If you have an iOS device, there is a function called System Status Lite, which identifies and deactivates large apps using the most processing power.
While it's tempting to use apps such as video games or GPS while the phone is charging, this is a common mistake and further increases the temperature of your device. We recommend that you never use your mobile while charging it.
- Intex android mobile
- Country code for usa cell phone > Guide
- Android IP address: check, changer > Guide
- How to find location from phone number? > Guide
- All Indian Cell Phones to Include Panic Button
- The Best Cell Phones for Children
- T-Mobile activate SIM card: phone number, online, iPhone
- How to update emojis: on Android, on iPhone
- T-Mobile change number: online, on SIM card
- T-Mobile Voicemail: number, app, setup, password
- How to auto redial: app, iPhone, Samsung, in Android
- How to adjust touch sensitivity: iPhone, iPad, Android
- How to set up T-Mobile account permissions?
- How to check T-Mobile data balance: online, app
- Sky mobile SIM: activation, not activated
- Activate your Verizon phone: online, via phone number
- Transfer your phone number to Sprint
- How to recover deleted contacts: iPhone, Android, Samsung
- How to find a lost or stolen phone?
- How to take 3D photos: with Android, iPhone
- USIM locked
- How to wipe your phone before selling it?
- How to schedule texts: iPhone, Android, Samsung
- How to uninstall apps from the Windows Store on Windows 8.1
- Manage AT&T prepaid account: cancel autopay, change payment
- How to clean and disinfect your phone and other electronics?
- Why do cell phone batteries explode and how to prevent it?
- How to reset your smartphone: iPhone, Android, Windows Phone
- How to improve battery life: iPhone, Android
- Pay with your phone: best apps, how to use
- Use your phone like a pro: tips and tricks