Always forget to send "Happy Birthday" messages? Need to remind someone about an important upcoming event? This tutorial explains how to schedule text messages on iPhone, Samsung and other Android smartphones.
Can you schedule texts on iPhone?
There isn't a built in feature that allows you to pre-schedule text messages on iPhones. You cannot write an iMessage to be sent at a later time. Instead there is a work around using Reminders. This isn't as practical as being able to pre-send a message and then forget about it, but it will help you from forgetting important messages.
- Go to the Reminders app and add a new reminder by pressing the +
- You can write the message that you want to send here and add additional details.
- Then add the reminder to your calendar and you will receive a reminder to send the message.
How to send scheduled text messages on Android and Samsung phones?
You can either use a native feature offered by some mobile carriers, or download an app from the Google Play Store.
Open the Messaging app, compose a new message and add the recipient(s). Instead of sending the message, tap on the Ellipsis button and select Schedule Message. A new menu will open, allowing you to set the date and time that you would like to send the message. Fill in the fields, and tap Done.
If the Schedule Message option is missing, it is likely that your mobile carrier does not offer such a feature. Here are a few free apps that can fill-in:
Need more help with your mobile? Check out our Forum!
- Scheduled texts
- "samsung" apple
- Android schedule text
- Change emoji and number of best friends on Snapchat 2022 > Guide
- WBS Chart Pro > Download
- Filter unknown senders: Android, SMS > Guide
- Uber Introduces Ride Scheduling
- IPhone 8 Launch Back on Schedule
- T-Mobile activate SIM card: phone number, online, iPhone
- How to update emojis: on Android, on iPhone
- T-Mobile change number: online, on SIM card
- T-Mobile Voicemail: number, app, setup, password
- How to auto redial: app, iPhone, Samsung, in Android
- How to adjust touch sensitivity: iPhone, iPad, Android
- How to check T-Mobile data balance: online, app
- How to set up T-Mobile account permissions?
- Sky mobile SIM: activation, not activated
- Reset Sony Xperia: to factory settings, hard reset
- Activate your Verizon phone: online, via phone number
- How to uninstall apps from the Windows Store on Windows 8.1
- Transfer your phone number to Sprint
- How to find a lost or stolen phone?
- How to recover deleted contacts: iPhone, Android, Samsung
- How to unlock your LG USIM card
- Manage AT&T prepaid account: cancel autopay, change payment
- How to wipe your phone before selling it?
- Why your cell phone is overheating: reasons, solutions
- Use your phone like a pro: tips and tricks
- How to clean and disinfect your phone and other electronics?
- The best phones for kids in 2022
- Why do cell phone batteries explode and how to prevent it?
- How to reset your smartphone: iPhone, Android, Windows Phone
- How to improve battery life: iPhone, Android
- Pay with your phone: best apps, how to use