Android - How to restrict background data
In this article you will learn how to prevent apps from making background updates (over mobilde data) on your Android smartphone.
- Go to Settings > Wireless & Network > Data Usage.
- Tap on the Menu key (vertical dots).
- Check "Restrict bkgd. data".
You can also restrict background updates for specific entries, keeping this feature active for your important apps (Viber, WhatsApp...)
- The apps making use of background data are listed in the "Data Usage" section.
- Select the app of your choice and check "Restrict bkgd. data".
Published by deri58
Latest update on August 18, 2014 at 07:05 PM by ninha25.