No sound on my Ipod [Solved/Closed]

Ces - May 30, 2009 at 12:14 AM - Latest reply:  C_Sey
- Aug 4, 2017 at 07:15 AM
iPad/ iPod/ iPod Touch Ask a question Report Reply to this topic
Hello, my problem with my ipod doesn't have sound. what shall I do?
See more 

22 replies

crimescene89 3 Posts Friday April 24, 2009Registration date June 9, 2009 Last seen - May 30, 2009 at 04:17 AM
Helpful
hi,
it may be that the volume is set to the minimum, adjust the volume.
or it may be that the earphones are damaged, try another one.
Helpful
well u should restart it then it will start working again
mooshooshoo - Apr 14, 2010 at 01:51 PM
Helpful
If you go into the setting app, go to the bottom of the list and select reset, choose the 1st option reset all - this should reset your volume.
Helpful
you need to restart it - slide the hold button on and then off, press the centre and menu buttons simultaneously untill the apple logo comes on - worked for me! x
MotherSuperiorsBackBeats - Oct 16, 2014 at 09:05 AM
Helpful
Thank you so much for the info. My I pod lost sound today and I couldn't figure out why. I reset it and still no sound.....so I pressed the center button and the up button for sound on the side twice and viola its back on. Thank you for using your feedback to help others....Sawubona
Helpful
I had that same problem. Just turn it off and then turn it back on. It worked for me. Hope this helps. :))
thx it helped soo much. the first time I tried to turn it off it worked genious idea
omg it really works thanks alot I am going to tell people to do this when your ipod loses the sound
that use to work for me but know it doesnt
Thankyou for the solution, it fixed it!!! Thought it was stuffed, love these online forums and their handy hints that actually work!!!!!!!!
it did not help me
Pumakid 1 Posts Saturday August 2, 2014Registration date August 2, 2014 Last seen - Aug 2, 2014 at 04:27 AM
Helpful
I had the No Sound issues as well and although it showed the songs playing, no sound was coming out. I read all the suggestions and nothing helped. I finally started fiddling with the various buttons and got it to work. Here's how. I pressed the the middle button and the forward button ( button on the right side of middle button ) for a few seconds and the sound started playing and then the sound went away after I released the buttons.It was a positive step forward from not hearing anything. I then started pressing them at the same time again for longer lengths of time and after a few tries, the sound finally started working normally. Been working fine since then. Hopefully, this will help someone in the same situation and if this was already suggested by someone before, I apologize as I never saw any threads mentioning this method. Cheers.
Thank you. I have tried everything for a week to get the sound on my ipod and this worked. Thank again
Thank you - I have a very old iPod - the sound stopped working but this solution worked perfectly!!
Helpful
try cleaning the charging port......... worked for me
Clean the charger port. It worked for me.