No sound on my Ipod [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question Ces - Last answered on Aug 4, 2017 at 07:15 AM by C_Sey
Hello, my problem with my ipod doesn't have sound. what shall I do?
See more 
Helpful
+5
plus moins
I had the No Sound issues as well and although it showed the songs playing, no sound was coming out. I read all the suggestions and nothing helped. I finally started fiddling with the various buttons and got it to work. Here's how. I pressed the the middle button and the forward button ( button on the right side of middle button ) for a few seconds and the sound started playing and then the sound went away after I released the buttons.It was a positive step forward from not hearing anything. I then started pressing them at the same time again for longer lengths of time and after a few tries, the sound finally started working normally. Been working fine since then. Hopefully, this will help someone in the same situation and if this was already suggested by someone before, I apologize as I never saw any threads mentioning this method. Cheers.
JC- May 2, 2017 at 08:57 AM
Thank you. I have tried everything for a week to get the sound on my ipod and this worked. Thank again
C_Sey- Aug 4, 2017 at 07:15 AM
Thank you - I have a very old iPod - the sound stopped working but this solution worked perfectly!!
Helpful
+2
plus moins
I had that same problem. Just turn it off and then turn it back on. It worked for me. Hope this helps. :))
khoenf4565- Jul 12, 2010 at 09:10 PM
thx it helped soo much. the first time I tried to turn it off it worked genious idea
binx123- Aug 23, 2010 at 04:12 PM
omg it really works thanks alot I am going to tell people to do this when your ipod loses the sound
dghkk- Jun 11, 2011 at 08:41 PM
that use to work for me but know it doesnt
Rufus1- Nov 16, 2011 at 08:55 PM
Thankyou for the solution, it fixed it!!! Thought it was stuffed, love these online forums and their handy hints that actually work!!!!!!!!
carr- May 27, 2013 at 01:26 PM
it did not help me
Helpful
+2
plus moins
If you go into the setting app, go to the bottom of the list and select reset, choose the 1st option reset all - this should reset your volume.
Helpful
+2
plus moins
you need to restart it - slide the hold button on and then off, press the centre and menu buttons simultaneously untill the apple logo comes on - worked for me! x
Helpful
+2
plus moins
try cleaning the charging port......... worked for me
Centeniial- Apr 4, 2015 at 02:46 PM
Clean the charger port. It worked for me.
Helpful
+1
plus moins
hi,
it may be that the volume is set to the minimum, adjust the volume.
or it may be that the earphones are damaged, try another one.
Helpful
+1
plus moins
well u should restart it then it will start working again
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Thank you so much for the info. My I pod lost sound today and I couldn't figure out why. I reset it and still no sound.....so I pressed the center button and the up button for sound on the side twice and viola its back on. Thank you for using your feedback to help others....Sawubona

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?