Can't log in to Facebook because Code Generator fails

Solved/Closed
Basp343 Posts 6 Registration date Tuesday April 19, 2022 Status Member Last seen April 24, 2022 - Apr 19, 2022 at 12:50 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14297 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 16, 2024 - Jun 12, 2023 at 01:58 PM
When I try to log into my fb account on desktop I need to get the code from the Code Generator on the mobile app which I can't get because I can't log in there either because I don't have a 3rd party authentication app and I don't have the recovery codes. When I don't fill in the code it asks me to 'try another way' which it doesn't give me, it only explains where I can find the Code Generator or use a browser where I am logged in.. It also says that it will re-send an sms which I don't get. I do receive sms for changing the password.
What can I do???
It all started when I got logged out every 10 minutes. Once I got logged out of the phone I was stuck.
Can anyone help me???
Thank you
Related:

24 responses

UPDATE! Good news.

I am in!!

I have an account manager because we use FB ads, this is an actual person who you can even speak to on the phone and replies to emails .I asked her for help .

You cannot apply for a manager, Meta approaches their customers and offers a manager. But if you somehow can organise one it could be your ticket out.

She was helpful and created a ticket with the Meta Pro team. This is something that ordinary people have no access to but I will check with her.They were pretty useless and only feeding me links with all the articles we already read and tried. They closed tickets before I confirmed it was solved.

When, after a few different tickets it was clear nothing worked I got forwarded to the app's technical support team (for mobile) to get  the code generator restored. After verifying with the account manager they gave me 10 fresh temporary recovery codes!

8 months this took...

HelpiOS Posts 14297 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 16, 2024 1,891
Sep 21, 2022 at 09:10 AM

I'm happy to see that you finally got your account back. Thanks for keeping us updated all this time!