Ask a question Report

My computer says i have no sound device? [Solved/Closed]

Kris_09 - Latest answer on Oct 6, 2012 05:53AM
Hello,
a few months ago i was trying to burn some CD's and i got a notice that said there was no sound device on my computer how do i get it back...? im not a great computer person but im smart enough to know that, that isnt good...especially with me being a singer lol..so thanks..Plz respond!
Read more 
Answer
+531
moins plus
My soundcard has stopped working after a couple of times. I have noticed that it is usually after windows or my firewall updates.
To resolve:
Right click on my computer and select manage.
You now have the computer management window open.
Beneath Services and Applications select services.
In the right pane, double click on Windows audio.
At the bottom service status should read Started.
If it says stopped, you found the problem click on start and enjoy!

pipvisser- Mar 2, 2009 11:19AM
OH MY YOU ARE A SUPER STAR. THIS WORKED. THANK YOU SO MUCH
jleyendo- Mar 2, 2009 10:36PM
No problem. This is a very annoying problem that took me a little while to figure out the first time it happened. I am convinced this occurs after updates as it has occurred on 2 separate occasions, and both times after my firewall and windows had just completed an update. So I am not sure if one or both of these occuring simultaneously is causing the problem. From surfing the web, it seems like a rather common problem.
tali- May 2, 2009 11:46PM
this worked perfectly for me.
thank you so much.
rogerfederer- Apr 21, 2011 06:04PM
thanku so much...i had formated my laptop for this( the usual myth ) but following ur intstructions solved the problem in less than a minute
BSBGurl- Oct 6, 2012 05:53AM
you are GREAT! thanks much :D
Answer
+64
moins plus
Download the sound driver from the Web site of the maker of ur computer. Or of ur MB if ur computer is a no-brand one.

Billal- Jan 11, 2009 09:20AM
Hi Sir,
please tell me how i can download the sound saftwar for my computer what ias the link name to dawnload the sound saftwar

i have installed the windows XP but i didnt get the sound yet

Thanks
holly- Jan 28, 2009 02:04PM
how do i re-install my sound card
snickerty_loon- Feb 22, 2009 09:25PM
Did you ever get your problem figured out? I'm going through the same thing but as of the time I came across this thread I think I'm a bit further along than you guys seem to be. I may be able to be of some help to you or vice versa.
zeba Billal - Feb 26, 2009 10:07AM
try to install the window properly again;)
sheo- May 6, 2009 02:49AM
i know i have to download sound card on my system
but i dont know which sound card is needed................
plz help me to sort out this problem...........
Answer
+43
moins plus
I do not know how to restore sound on computer it was accidentaly deleted and I have no sound card

Answer
+30
moins plus
U have to re-install ur sound card.

braderzzz- Nov 6, 2008 03:06PM
i av like no idea on sound
Answer
+30
moins plus
Did u try "System Restore" on the point just before u deleted ur sound ?

BrunettedBeauty2- Dec 30, 2008 08:03PM
I tried to restore past the date that my audio was deleted and it wont let me. I dont know what got deleted and i cant restore at all... i dont have to CD to re-install what do i do?
BrunettedBeauty2- Dec 30, 2008 09:16PM
I also tried to download new devices from Dell.com and it didnt work. I did three different ones... i couldnt find where i could download the sound card so i really dont know
Answer
+29
moins plus
when i play sound it says windowmedia player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device.there may be no sound device installted in your computer.it may used by another program,or it may not be fuctioning properly

Answer
+14
moins plus
Helo guys,

U can re-install ur sound card with the CD of ur MB.

If u did lost it u have to download the driver from the Support Web site of the maker of ur PC. Or of ur MB if ur PC is a no-brand one.

For more help plz tell the brand and the model of ur PC (or of ur mB).

disco dazzla- Nov 11, 2008 04:57AM
pLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME !!!!!
disco dazzla- Nov 11, 2008 04:58AM
Hi I have also lost the sound on my laptop. I have a sony Vaio VGN TX3XP. I have checked the drivers and it says they exist, but like previous messages i have looked at the properties and no devices are listed under the Legacy audio drivers folder. Please can you help me????
tilltheendd- May 9, 2009 02:10PM
my laptop brand is VAIO and it's brand is VGN-SZ32GP
i've just reformatted a few hours ago and, yeah. exactly like what the majority of the posts here says. please do help me find my driver :D
thanks.
jmp59 28902Posts mercredi 9 juin 2004Registration date ContributorStatus July 28, 2015 Last seen - May 9, 2009 03:45PM
http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/...
Answer
+10
moins plus
HI,

Try System Restore

XP http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/support/sysrestore.mspx
Vista http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/...

If that doesn't match, u'll have to re-install ur sound card.
Tell the brand and the model of ur computer (or of ur MB if ur computer is a no-brand one) and I probably will be able to give u a linK for free downloading the driver u need.

Answer
+9
moins plus
Hello everybody,

Wanting a link to download the sound card driver of ur computer ?

- Is ur OS XP or Vista ?

- Tell the brand and the model of ur computer (for Dell, PB, Fujitsu, Medion tell the S/N)
If ur computer is no-branded, tell the name and the model of ur MoBo.

Answer
+8
moins plus
My system is of HP COMPAQ DX2700 still the sound is not coming,pls do the needful

Answer
+6
moins plus
Hi,

In Audio .......Controllers of Device Manager do u have a line with modem, or unimodem ?
If u don't go to http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/tm_6291.html domnload Foxconn Modem Driver .... and install it.

Answer
+6
moins plus
i have a problem when i try to use ie or mozilla or windows media player the browsers dont make sound and wmp says i dont have an audio device i use a plug and play headset

i have a dell inspiron 9300

Answer
+6
moins plus
hi dear
i have problem in my desktop pc
audi sound driver are missed so i cant hear any sound in speakers

Answer
+5
moins plus
plese iwant driver sound devise my compiter is windwos xp ?

Answer
+5
moins plus
u need 2 gt a sound drive disks or u cn download it frm da internet if u hv 1 nd u sud b sure of whch drives u need coz if u use win xp nd u install visita u myt corrupt ur system nd wt type of system board u use counts 2 u myt probaly b using intel so u hv 2 gt intel drive software here are my numbers 4 mre info 0760926933

Answer
+4
moins plus
After re-installing windows u have re-install ur sound card.

Plz rell the brand and the model of ur computer. Or of ur MB if ur computer is a no-brand one.

Answer
+4
moins plus
i have vaio laptop and when ever i try to play any dvd box comes up and say sound divice is not inatalled or there is problem

Answer
+4
moins plus
Both my sound device and networking device on Windows XP suddenly stopped working this weekend, and I have tried all types of ways, including using 'system restore point', updating drivers, adding windows components to no avail. However, I used this morning a 'live linux cd' (one of many available for linux distributions on http://distrowatch.com/) and under linux both the sound device and the networking device were working properly. Hence, the problem lies either with getting the drivers to start working again or with Windows. This is the first time this has happened to me in decades of using windows. The failure of the sound device and networking device occurred within one or two days of updating the latest Windows updates, March 12, 2009, on Microsoft's website. However, I can't be sure there is any connection.

Answer
+3
moins plus
Hello,

Plz tell the Service Tag of ur Laptop http://support.euro.dell.com/...

Answer
+3
moins plus
Download the sound driver from the Web site of the maker of ur computer. Or of ur MB if ur computer is a no-brand one.

1 2 Next
This document entitled « My computer says i have no sound device? » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.