- Hp prodesk sound not working
- Hp desktop sound not working - Best answers
- Hp desktop no sound - Best answers
- Hp prodesk 600 g1 4 beeps ✓ - Forum - Hardware
- Hp laptop sound coming from both speakers and headphones ✓ - Forum - Laptop
- Hp beeping sound - How-To - Computer Architecture
- My HP laptop sound just stops working sometimes ✓ - Forum - Audio
- HP dv8125nr sound problems ✓ - Forum - Hardware
I had the same problem and nothing worked for me until I found a handy forum like this wherein someone had mentioned it might be the headphone jack. There's a tiny switch inside the headphone jack that signals to your computer whether to filter sound through the jack or through the speakers. The switch gets jammed occasionally for various reasons. If you've recently had headphones plugged in, they could have jammed the switch, filtering all sound through the headphone jack only (basically, your computer thinks it has headphones in all the time). Test it by plugging in headphones - can you hear sound through them? Then unplug and plug them back in several times to try and unjam the switch. Have a song or something playing so you can see if it resumes working as you do this. Good luck!
You must go to control panel....then dbl click on sounds and and Audio devices....then click on (your sound device?) Sound??? (names change depending on your sound card) device - might be at top or 2nd down from top... dbl click on it! Go to Driver and click on it....hit uninstall button...and exit everthing....now in control panel (note - some ver will automatic see hardware found - click install if this pops up) click on Add Hardware - and follow promt (s) ..Should take care of it - Updateing hardware / Software drivers form (xxx) will not...Updateing software from (xxx) your Laptop provider will not...