It won't let me open Control Panel [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question Charli - Latest answer on Jul 3, 2010 05:21PM
Hello, it seems that I can't get into my control panel through clicking on the button. Everytime I click on it, a blank screen flashes up and then just goes away. Is there any way I can fix this?? Thanks!
See more 
Helpful
+49
moins plus
Goto services.msc and start the following service

SL UI notification service

and restart Software licensing service.

Hope this works for all.
Helpful
+33
moins plus
type control.exe into your "start search" box - that should start the control panel, unless a virus has modified things.

You can go directly to these common functions within the Control Panel:

start cmd Function
appwiz.cpl Add/Remove Programs
hdwwiz.cpl Add hardware
ncpa.cpl Network properties
nusrmgr.cpl User accounts
powercfg.cpl Power configuration
sysdm.cpl System properties
Charli- Jan 16, 2009 09:36AM
Thankyou for your reply... Have just tried that, with still no luck. It just flashes up and disappears straight after. I must have a virus. Is there anything else I can do instead of reinstalling windows vista?
Charli- Jan 16, 2009 09:43AM
Have just been looked through the direct routes of the control panel and most of them work so i'm getting somewhere! Thankyou!
help- Mar 28, 2010 03:19PM
click start menu then click RUN then type command then enter. Now you have power to open most files including the ones listed above to directly open these files/progams like taskmanager which is taskmgr then enter .Type control enter if wont open type the files above to use control panel functions
randomperson- Apr 19, 2010 10:54PM
Ty! This helped me as well!
Helpful
+3
moins plus
I have had this grouble for months and HP and MS could not find problem.
I went in on windows update and when the window open, up in the address box, it says conrol panel, system and maintainence, and windows update. I clicked on control panel. When it opened I CLicked on edit and and when the window opens, I noticed the "undo delete" was highlighted. I clicked on it and everything has been working great since. It worked for me. Hope it works for you.
Helpful
+0
moins plus
i can do anything on computer it said to go to control panel go to folder options so I can set uo internet but nothing at all in control panel will let me get in help
Helpful
+0
moins plus
type control.exe into your "start search" box - that should start the control panel, unless a virus has modified things.

You can go directly to these common functions within the Control Panel:

start cmd Function
appwiz.cpl Add/Remove Programs
hdwwiz.cpl Add hardware
ncpa.cpl Network properties
nusrmgr.cpl User accounts
powercfg.cpl Power configuration
sysdm.cpl System properties

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!