Ask a question Report

It won't let me open Control Panel [Solved/Closed]

Charli - Latest answer on Jul 3, 2010 05:21PM
Hello, it seems that i can't get into my control panel through clicking on the button. Everytime i click on it, a blank screen flashes up and then just goes away. Is there any way i can fix this?? Thanks!
Read more 
Answer
+38
moins plus
Goto services.msc and start the following service

SL UI notification service

and restart Software licensing service.

Hope this works for all.

Answer
+27
moins plus
type control.exe into your "start search" box - that should start the control panel, unless a virus has modified things.

You can go directly to these common functions within the Control Panel:

start cmd Function
appwiz.cpl Add/Remove Programs
hdwwiz.cpl Add hardware
ncpa.cpl Network properties
nusrmgr.cpl User accounts
powercfg.cpl Power configuration
sysdm.cpl System properties

Charli- Jan 16, 2009 09:36AM
Thankyou for your reply... Have just tried that, with still no luck. It just flashes up and disappears straight after. I must have a virus. Is there anything else i can do instead of reinstalling windows vista?
Charli- Jan 16, 2009 09:43AM
Have just been looked through the direct routes of the control panel and most of them work so i'm getting somewhere! Thankyou!
help- Mar 28, 2010 03:19PM
click start menu then click RUN then type command then enter. Now you have power to open most files including the ones listed above to directly open these files/progams like taskmanager which is taskmgr then enter .Type control enter if wont open type the files above to use control panel functions
randomperson- Apr 19, 2010 10:54PM
Ty! This helped me as well!
Answer
+1
moins plus
I have had this grouble for months and HP and MS could not find problem.
I went in on windows update and when the window open, up in the address box, it says conrol panel, system and maintainence, and windows update. I clicked on control panel. When it opened I CLicked on edit and and when the window opens, I noticed the "undo delete" was highlighted. I clicked on it and everything has been working great since. It worked for me. Hope it works for you.

Answer
moins plus
i can do anything on computer it said to go to control panel go to folder options so i can set uo internet but nothing at all in control panel will let me get in help

Answer
moins plus
type control.exe into your "start search" box - that should start the control panel, unless a virus has modified things.

You can go directly to these common functions within the Control Panel:

start cmd Function
appwiz.cpl Add/Remove Programs
hdwwiz.cpl Add hardware
ncpa.cpl Network properties
nusrmgr.cpl User accounts
powercfg.cpl Power configuration
sysdm.cpl System properties

This document entitled « It won't let me open Control Panel » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.