Ask a question Report

My computer wont go past the acer screen [Solved/Closed]

Jubs - Latest answer on Jan 1, 2014 03:41PM
I turned my computer on one day after a few months of non usage and it came on to the logg in screen perfectly. Then i realised i hadnt plugged the keyboard or the mouse in, so i turned it off an plugged them in. It turned on and went to the acer screen and says press f12 to the setup page. So i waited for it to go on but it stayed there for hours. So i thought then ill press f12 but the keyboard wasnt working. There isn't anything wrong with the keyboard its just sometimes my computer dosent like it. I tried using many diffrent ways but nothing seems to work. I took everything out and just left the main and the screen in and it worked perfectly its only if the keyboard and mouse are in it it dosent like it.
I think it got annoyed with me because i didnt pay it attention! lol
please can you help?
Read more 
moins plus
Im having a very similar problem to the one above, but no matter which devices i unplug, or whichever buttons i press, when i turn the computer on it just wont go past the first acer screen, nothing i do works. Can anyone solve this problem, or tell me what i need to do to fix it lol, i really need it working again!!

yu- Mar 19, 2013 12:44PM
i took out an sd card and it worked- try removing all the device and cds/dvds/floppy disks then take out battery for 5-10 mins
Lukaso- Apr 1, 2013 10:52AM
I removed my externald hd and boom , it worked thanks a lot you soulved the problem for me at least. Thumbs up for oxXxjennxXxo!
Janocky- Jun 12, 2013 06:11AM
My printer was acting up before I restarted my computer. I had the same problem. I read the earlier posts and disconnected my printer cable. That fixed my problem! Thanks.
anand- Oct 23, 2013 02:10AM
any of you know how to change the boot logo on acer aspire laptop
sitesswag- Jan 1, 2014 03:41PM
To yu Thanks so much it worked
moins plus
I have a problem that my computer turns on and says that the computer didn't shut down right so I pressed on normaly start and it goes to the screen and turns back off

moins plus
Hi, it is a clear problem from one of your input devices. Try plugging one at a time and see with which one it gets stuck when you power on. When you find which one is faulty, replace it. That's it.

moins plus
I love u man .. it worked

moins plus
Thanks! My computer was frozen for hours...unplugged it, took out the battery and all USB devices and it powered right up!!!

moins plus
Thnx, I don't know what it could be, and since I'm plugged into a multiple plug splitter it could take a while

moins plus
this is very nice sharing

This document entitled « My computer wont go past the acer screen » from CCM ( is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.