No keyboard or mouse....

Solved/Closed
Blocked Profile - Jun 17, 2013 at 09:27 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 19, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Ok, really wierd, my desktop (dell inspiron) restarted for some reason, and when it rebooted, The keyboard and mouse were no longer connected. I am using a wireless mouse and keyboard, and the desktop does not have a PS2 for keyboard or mouse. I have taken the mouse and installed it fine on a laptop, so I know it is not batteries or hardware failure of the mouse or keyboard.

How can I Isolate the problem? I cannot get into bios as no keyboard response. It boots all the way into the security desktop, but I cannot log in as no keyboard response. All services still start, as it still hosts my intranet.

Thank you in advance for any direction or advisement.

Related:

7 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jun 17, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Hi ac3mark,

Please try the below mentioned steps and see if these steps help:

1. Press and release the Connect button on the bottom of the keyboard, then immediately press and release the Connect button on top of the receiver.
2. Wait 20 seconds.
3. Press and release the Connect button under the mouse, then immediately press and release the Connect button on top of the receiver.

Simple steps but need to be performed correctly in order to reestablish the connection successfully.

NOTE: before trying to sync or re-establish the connection, change the batteries on the wireless keyboard and mouse for better results and to save time.

If the issue still persists please reply with the exact system model number of your Dell Desktop.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
Blocked Profile
Jun 17, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Thank you for your advisement. I successfully synched it with a laptop, that is how I half split the mouse to KNOWN GOOD.

I will post the model number and tech specs when I get back home today. Thank you for your prompt reply.