Ask a question Report

Restore to Full Factory recovery my Gateway [Solved/Closed]

Jcv805 - Latest answer on Jan 26, 2013 01:07PM
Hi, I was wondering if any one could help me I want to restore the factory settings on my desktop Gateway Model# GM5688E. Reinstall Vista and now I can't get it to work properly, some system programs are not working. Can't get to recovery manager screen, I follow the booklet to restart and push F8 key , but can't get to the to system Recovery options screen. .Need HELP!!
Thank U!!
Read more 
Answer
+89
moins plus
hi i pressed f11 and i did click on full factory setting, but after 1 min during restore it gives me an error and i cant system recover it. plz help

estella- Jan 1, 2013 03:27PM
What if theres no f11
Answer
+53
moins plus
you have to press ALT & F11 and the same time, and actually hold them in, not just press them.

Nikki- Jan 26, 2013 01:07PM
Thank you thank you thank you!!!!
Answer
+32
moins plus
all you need do is perform a "cold boot" and immediately begin tapping the F8 key until the computer responds. Once you get to the next screen simply select the repair option. from that point it is intuitive to getter done

Answer
+28
moins plus
As the computer is booting up just keep hitting the F11 key and it should take you to the restore area and follow directions. This will probably erase your drive so BACKUP anything you want to keep before doing the restore..

Thanks,

Chris

SheLovesGod- Nov 5, 2009 11:40PM
Hi, i did the F11 and it did not work it just continued to start up like i wasnt pressing F11 what else can i do
Answer
+28
moins plus
I did the F8 thing and it asked me for and admin account password. I am the only one that uses that computer but apparently I dont have admin access. So i dont have the option to do a factory restore.

Any way to fix this? because i cant seem to boot windows at all

Kerry- Apr 30, 2011 05:26PM
Perhaps this Gateway link will help you:

http://support.gateway.com/s/software/microsof/vista/7515418/7515418su531.shtml
This document entitled « Restore to Full Factory recovery my Gateway » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.