It's really easy how to change the language of vista home premium or basic without spending a single dollar. Microsoft thiefs!!! Ok, this is how I changed it from english to spanish for my dear uncle. Follow these easy steps:
1) Go to www.froggie.sk
2) Download the Vistalizator (You should save it, not run it just in case you wish to use it again to revert languages as you wish). Open the application and minimize you will need it soon.
3) Under language packs, click the MUI for your operating system (If you do not know your operating system click on the windows logo on the menu bar and type system on the search bar. A list of programs will show, simply click on "system" and a page will open up with the information you need. If you have a service pack 1 installed it will say it).
4) A List of languages will show up, simply click on the language you want to revert vista to and save it in a folder you know how to get to. (If you run it, vista will automatically tell you that your system has reached a limit on the number of languages it is authorized to have).
5) Unminimize or open vistalizator (for those who did not minimize the program), and click on "add languages" and go to the folder you decided to save your MUI language of choice. Once this is done it will install the language. You will now see "internal" language (default one you want to change) and the "express" language (the one you just added.
6) Click on the Language you just added to the list and click "change language." After this I think it will suggest to update the language. If you choose not to it will reboot the computer and when it restarts the language will be changed. That it it!!!
Now for those who want to know how to update the language:
1) Go to www.froggie.com and under program click "download"
2) Save "Windows Update Agent" and "Windows Search 4.0" for your operating system in a known folder.
3) Open vistalizator, highlight the "express" language and click on "update languages" a message will pop up telling you that you need the applications you just saved. Browse one and click ok. Must repeat this step to browse second application.
4) Once done with both applications, click on "update language" and it might update if it has one if not it will tell you that this language has latest update.
Good luck to all