Do you need an immediate and reliable translation? Try out DeepL, a completely free online translation service that handles multiple languages. In this article we'll show you all you need to know to get started.
What is DeepL Translator?
DeepL Translator is a free online translation platform created in 2017. It is built with the Linguee online dictionary database, an artificial intelligence system, and neural network technology. This combination provides great flexibility through the use of synonyms, providing different results to those obtained with the Google translator.
DeepL handles nine languages: German, English, French, Dutch, Polish, Italian, Spanish and, more recently, Russian and Portuguese. It allows the user to translate in all possible combinations between these languages. The translated text can be exported to the clipboard, saved as text, or shared as a URL for use in social networks.
Other features for professional use are paid, including DeepL integration with computer-assisted translation tools (CAT), maintenance of text confidentiality, or access to the API.
How to translate a text with DeepL?
Translate a text directly on the site
Write or copy and paste the text to be translated in the box on the left. It must be written in one of the currently supported languages, namely: French, English, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Polish or Russian.
- By default, the platform automatically identifies the language. If it doesn't, click on the drop-down arrow located on the left box and select the language from the language list.
- Similarly, you can select the desired language for translation by using the drop-down arrow located on the right box.
- As you type, DeepL does the translation in the selected language. This translation can be exported in several ways: either by clicking on the copy and paste icon, sharing the URL or exporting the text as a .txt document. The three icons associated with these three options appear in the lower right part of the right box:
Translate a Word or PowerPoint document with DeepL
- You can also import a document to be translated. This document must be provided in Word (.docx) or PowerPoint (.pptx) format.
- Click Translate document , located at the bottom of the left box, and then select the document you want to import.
- Select the translation language and wait for the period indicated on the screen.
- Once completed, the translated document is automatically downloaded in a new version.
- Deepl translator
- Deepl english to french
- Deepl translate
- Shazam on computer: how to use it
- How to use TinyWeb Server on Windows?
- Everything you need to know cryptocurrency
- Adjust webpage to fit all screen resolutions
- How to help Ukraine: refugees, donate, support, now
- Install a VPN: on router, Firestick, Samsung Smart TV
- How to celebrate christmas online: virtually, with kids
- Create a custom Bitly URL
- Download videos for free: from Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin
- Winter Olympics 2022: schedule, sports, where to watch
- What is a NFT: meaning, crypto, marketplace
- How to make redirect in PHP?
- Badoo lost password: how to recover it
- How to declutter your digital life?
- Brief history of cryptocurrency: timeline
- Badoo sign up: download, code, in English
- Return products and get refund on Flipkart
- Connect Jio phone's internet to PC: via hotspot, USB
- Change the font: on Instagram, Facebook post, Twitter
- Switch language on your website: via html, automatically
- Enable cookies: Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer, iPhone
- Find car owner's details with license plate in India
- How to view and change my IP address: Windows, Linux, Mac
- How to start trading stocks online: for beginners
- Fact checking and verification on the Internet
- Best digital Christmas gifts: for clients, for students
- Tokyo Olympics: watch online, live, free
- The best crypto exchange apps
- What is Messenger Rooms
- Update your email address on your Aadhaar card online
- Sustainable gifts for Christmas: apps & websites
- Most famous robots in movies
- Best online learning platforms: for adults, kids, free
- Who to call if you have Coronavirus symptoms: UK, US
- Improve video calls: quality, lighting
- How to unsubscribe or delete your Tuenti account
- Pet adoption: websites and apps
- Things to do at home: online, with friends, by yourself
- How to set up e-commerce website: online, free
- Virtual birthday party: ideas for kids, adults, games, etc.
- What is 5G technology and how it works?
- How to close a Paypal account
- What does Bomboclaat mean
- Create a website: for free, from scratch, for business
- How to get cheap flights: anywhere, without specific dates