Finding trustworthy sources of information, comparing, analyzing, and verifying them has become a very challenging task in the last decade. Here we give you a tour of the solutions that can help you to find out what's true or not.
What are online libraries?
Several online libraries offer free access to millions of reliable documents (books, videos, pictures) covering several topics in the scientific, technical, or humanities fields. Moreover, their catalogs are regularly updated and provide the most relevant references in any research area of your choice. For example, suppose you are working on some documentary work, where it is essential to rely on the work of known authors. In that case, these platforms can save some considerable time and enrich your bibliographic database with references that are not to be found elsewhere on the internet. In addition, some of them list the most recent publications in the advanced technical fields that can be very useful to policymakers and business executives in their area of expertise.
The Free Library
The Free Library is a catalog for online resources and a comprehensive foresight website covering several technical fields (business, communication, health, law). A valuable tool for professionals and policymakers to access updates and the latest newsletters, magazines, journals, and newspapers.
The advantage is that this library allows you to subscribe to the RSS feeds of hundreds of technical journals identified as reliable (e.g., automotive, engineering, agriculture, insurance, real estate, etc.).
Gallica is a library that includes about 1.2 million references in the following categories: books, maps, manuscripts, pictures, press articles and magazines, music, lyrics and music, and e-retailers. The advantage is that it allows you to browse entire books.
Questia is a multilingual online library offers 72,000 books in full text from over 300 publishers and above 2 million articles from magazines, journals, and newspapers. It gives privileged access to many sources. The advantage is that it offers a search filter criteria (date of publication, media type: book, magazine, journal, etc.).
What are online slide hosting services?
Widely used by professionals, online slide hosting platforms are a reliable source of information for marketing departments (advice and sharing/ feedback). Some of these presentations (also "white papers") are published by independent organizations or other secondary sources and are generally based on significant studies. The primary role of this type of platform is to display presentations, but they also allow users to share content and communicate.
SlideShare integrates blog content and Web 2.0 tools. This platform specializes in hosting technical and professional content (presentations, PDF documents) and regroups some 25 million users.
Scribd is an online document database that regroups tens of millions of documents (PDF, Word, and PowerPoint). Much of these resources are genuine (e.g., official content, institutional, Stats, etc.). Scribd also provides a "social networking panel", allowing users to comment on and rate sources, thereby better assessing their usefulness/credibility.
What are Google tools?
Google offers two handy tools to find books and reference articles:
Google Books search engine has hundreds of thousands of original references and is regularly updated. To quickly assess their relevance, it allows you to view essential information about the books (author, publisher, year of publication, number of pages). Note that Google Book has several search filters (years of publication, ISBN, and ISSN codes)
Google Scholar can be very useful for finding scientific and technical (including the most recent) documents (scholar level). To measure the relevance of an article, Google Scholar includes the domain name of the site where the content is hosted (.edu or .org websites indicate a high degree of reliability) and the number of times the article has been used as a reference.
- Effective browsing of the internet for selecting relevant information
- Effective browsing of the internet for discerning and selecting relevant information
- Relevant information from the source
- Internet Explorer history: file location, shortcut, tab > Guide
- Cannot browse, but have internet connection? [solved] > Forum - Network
- Cant Browse Sometimes But Internet Connected [solved] > Forum - Internet/Social Networks
- Can ping but can't browse [solved] > Forum - Internet/Social Networks
- To create a network bridge you must select at least two lan or high speed internet connections [solved] > Forum - Network
- Shazam on computer: how to use it
- How to use TinyWeb Server on Windows?
- Adjust webpage to fit all screen resolutions
- How to help Ukraine: refugees, donate, support, now
- Install a VPN: on router, Firestick, Samsung Smart TV
- How to celebrate christmas online: virtually, with kids
- Create a custom Bitly URL
- Download videos for free: from Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin
- Winter Olympics 2022: schedule, sports, where to watch
- How to make redirect in PHP?
- Badoo lost password: how to recover it
- How to declutter your digital life?
- Badoo sign up: download, code, in English
- Return products and get refund on Flipkart
- Connect Jio phone's internet to PC: via hotspot, USB
- Translate text with DeepL: online, for free
- Switch language on your website: via html, automatically
- Enable cookies: Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer, iPhone
- Find car owner's details with license plate in India
- How to view and change my IP address: Windows, Linux, Mac
- How to start trading stocks online: for beginners
- Best digital Christmas gifts: for clients, for students
- Tokyo Olympics: watch online, live, free
- What is Messenger Rooms
- Update your email address on your Aadhaar card online
- Sustainable gifts for Christmas: apps & websites
- Most famous robots in movies
- Best online learning platforms: for adults, kids, free
- Who to call if you have Coronavirus symptoms: UK, US
- Improve video calls: quality, lighting
- How to unsubscribe or delete your Tuenti account
- Pet adoption: websites and apps
- Things to do at home: online, with friends, by yourself
- Change the font: on Instagram, Facebook post, Twitter
- How to set up e-commerce website: online, free
- Virtual birthday party: ideas for kids, adults, games, etc.
- What is 5G technology and how it works?
- How to close a Paypal account
- What does Bomboclaat mean
- How to build a WordPress website: on your PC, from scratch
- Create a website: for free, from scratch, for business
- How to get cheap flights: anywhere, without specific dates