One of the best features about TinyWeb server is that the webmaster can launch multiple tiny web browsers at any given point in time. All these features make this a very handy tool on Windows for those who feel restricted while working with their usual servers.
What is TinyWeb server?
The server requirements of a webmaster working on a website may vary from time to time. If they are constrained by a small size, minimal memory, speed and low costs, then TinyWeb offers a nice solution. TinyWeb is a lightweight server for Windows, which works quickly and is very precise. Not only is a extremely small server, it also works without installation. It can be easily run on Windows OS by accessing it via command.
- It doesn't require installation.
- Ultra-compact (only 59kb in size).
- Consumes less than 3 MB of memory.
- Very fast .
- Free .
You can download Tinyweb.
How to run TinyWeb?
- You will have to create an index.html file:
- Example: c:\www\index.html
- Then add some content, e.g.:
<html><body>Hello, world !</body></html>
- In the command line, run:
- Note: You need to use the absolute path
- Check the result on :http://localhost
How to stop TinyWeb?
- Open the Task Manager (CTRL+Alt+Del) and end the process tiny.exe
- Or, using the command line:
taskkill /F /IM tiny.exe
How to use Tinyweb for CGI?
You can use TinyWeb for CGI:
- Create a file:
- Add the following code:
@echo off echo Content-type: text/plain echo. echo. echo Hi ! echo Your IP ADDRESS is %REMOTE_ADDR% and your BROWSER is %HTTP_USER_AGENT%
- Go to:http://localhost/cgi-bin/test.bat
You can launch several Tiny web servers simultaneously.
Note: there is also an SSL version, which is also free - TinySSL. You can download it here.
How to send binary files in CGI?
Unlike Unix / Linux, the Windows console does not use binary data by default. If your CGI needs to send binary files you will need to force it into binary mode manually. For example in Python:
import sys if sys.platform == "win32": import os, msvcrt msvcrt.setmode(sys.stdout.fileno(), os.O_BINARY)
- Tiny web server windows 10
- Simple http server windows
- Simple web server windows
- Gameranger connection problem [solved] > Forum - Internet/Social Networks
- Google Chrome Error [solved] > Forum - Google Chrome
- Connect but can not access the internet? HELP [solved] > Forum - Network
- Disable shadow copy windows server 2016 > Guide
- Copy files from one server to another windows batch script [solved] > Forum - Windows
- Shazam on computer: how to use it
- Everything you need to know cryptocurrency
- Adjust webpage to fit all screen resolutions
- How to help Ukraine: refugees, donate, support, now
- Install a VPN: on router, Firestick, Samsung Smart TV
- How to celebrate christmas online: virtually, with kids
- Create a custom Bitly URL
- Download videos for free: from Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin
- Winter Olympics 2022: schedule, sports, where to watch
- What is a NFT: meaning, crypto, marketplace
- How to make redirect in PHP?
- Badoo lost password: how to recover it
- How to declutter your digital life?
- Brief history of cryptocurrency: timeline
- Badoo sign up: download, code, in English
- Return products and get refund on Flipkart
- Connect Jio phone's internet to PC: via hotspot, USB
- Change the font: on Instagram, Facebook post, Twitter
- Translate text with DeepL: online, for free
- Switch language on your website: via html, automatically
- Enable cookies: Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer, iPhone
- Find car owner's details with license plate in India
- How to view and change my IP address: Windows, Linux, Mac
- How to start trading stocks online: for beginners
- Fact checking and verification on the Internet
- Best digital Christmas gifts: for clients, for students
- Tokyo Olympics: watch online, live, free
- The best crypto exchange apps
- What is Messenger Rooms
- Update your email address on your Aadhaar card online
- Sustainable gifts for Christmas: apps & websites
- Most famous robots in movies
- Best online learning platforms: for adults, kids, free
- Who to call if you have Coronavirus symptoms: UK, US
- Improve video calls: quality, lighting
- How to unsubscribe or delete your Tuenti account
- Pet adoption: websites and apps
- Things to do at home: online, with friends, by yourself
- How to set up e-commerce website: online, free
- Virtual birthday party: ideas for kids, adults, games, etc.
- What is 5G technology and how it works?
- How to close a Paypal account
- What does Bomboclaat mean
- Create a website: for free, from scratch, for business
- How to get cheap flights: anywhere, without specific dates