In this article, we explain to you how to set up and customize the Windows 10 email client.
How to set up your email account on Windows 10?
If you are using Windows 10 operating system, you have Mail and Calendar apps already built-in on your computer. To start using Mail, click on Start > All Apps > Mail. If it’s your first time using the Mail app, you need to add your account. Go to Settings at the bottom of the navigation bar and select Manage Accounts. You can choose from Outlook, Google, Yahoo!, Exchange, iCloud, or other email providers and enter your email address and password. Then click Sign In.
Once everything is set up, you will receive a notification Your account was successfully set up. Click on Done to save it and return to the home screen. You will now be able to manage emails for the selected account by going to the Accounts section.
Note: each time you add an email account to the Mail app, a corresponding entry will be created in the Calendar app.
How to customize your email account settings in the Mail app?
How to create a signature in the Mail app?
Now that your email account has been added to the Mail app, it's time to customize the settings for easier use. If you always use the same signature, you can save it, and the Mail app will automatically add it at the end of your emails. Click on Settings (gear icon), select Signature option, then choose the account you’d like to apply your signature to and turn on the Use an email signature toggle switch. Write your new signature in the tab and press Save.
How to create automatic replies?
Automatic replies are the best function when you receive lots of emails but don’t have time to respond to them all quickly. It’s also a handy option if you are on vacation and need to inform your colleagues or clients that you are currently unavailable.
To set up an automatic reply you need to click on Settings > Automatic replies. Select an email address you want to use and turn on the Send Automatic Replies toggle switch. Write a text, which will serve as an automatic reply your correspondents will receive and check Send replies outside of my organization or Send replies only to my contacts, press Save and leave on vacation with no worries about unanswered emails.
Note: in the Mail app, automatic replies are only available for Outlook accounts.
How to link different mailboxes together?
You can easily arrange to see all your emails from different accounts/inboxes together in your inbox. To do so, click on the Settings > Manage Accounts > Link inboxes. A pop-up window will appear. You need to choose the accounts you want to see all together, give the inbox a name, and press Save.
How to personalize email notifications?
You can also personalize your notifications. To do so, go to Settings and select Notifications. Then adjust your preferences and choose whether you want to receive a notification banner, hear a sound, or show notifications for folders that you would like to see first.
How to configure your email sync settings?
If you want to personalize your email sync settings, follow these steps. Right-click on the desired mailbox and select Settings > Change mailbox sync settings to access additional options.
The Download new email menu allows you to choose how often the Mail app checks for new letters. Select the based on my usage option if you would like the Mail app to manage the download of new messages dynamically.
If you are experiencing a slow internet connection or want to reduce your data usage, you should clear the Always download full message and Internet images checkbox. This enables you to view snippets of incoming messages instead of downloading full messages so that you can navigate your inbox more efficiently.
How to personalize the Mail app layout?
The Mail app also includes several customization options to make its interface more user-friendly and personalized. Click on Settings > Personalization in the right sidebar. Here, you can choose an accent color, theme, and a custom background for the app's interface. To add your own background, click Browse and choose a picture from your PC.
How to remove email accounts from the Mail app?
If you no longer use one of your email accounts, you can easily remove it from the Mail app. Click on Settings > Manage Accounts and select the account you’d like to remove. Then click on Delete account from this device and press Save.
- Make windows 10 mail look like outlook
- Frontier.com IMAP settings for Windows 10 Mail app [solved] > Forum - Windows 10
- Windows 8 - Customize the SmartScreen Settings
- The Mail app for Window 8.1 - Delete email messages using the Sweep feature
- Vacation Responses in Windows 10 Mail App
- Where Does Windows 10 Install Apps
- LAN settings on Windows 10: check and configure
- Clear the Windows update cache: via cmd, Notepad
- How to change Windows 10's default photo viewer?
- Identify your motherboard on Windows 10: via cmd, DirectX
- How to fix F1 error at Windows startup?
- How to turn off system sounds on Windows 10
- How to remove password control at login on Windows 10?
- Change your computer name on Windows 10: via cmd, settings
- Pin Run to the Windows Start menu: on Windows 7/8/10
- Send text messages from Windows 10 via Your Phone app
- How to adjust default virtual memory size on Windows 10?
- How to install the latest Windows 10 update?
- How to create a Windows 10 bootable USB or installation DVD?
- Disable background apps: on Windows 10, 7, and 8
- Windows 10 Quick Access menu: customize and edit
- Delete Windows.old from Windows 10: via CCleaner, Start menu
- Save documents as PDF: on Windows 10, 8 and 7
- God Mode folder on Windows 10: features
- How to send email attachments on Windows 10?
- Multi-touch gestures on Windows 10: enable and disable
- Customize the Send To menu on Windows 10: add items
- Change Windows 10 settings: language and region
- Reset Windows password: via cmd, without logging in
- Open the Device Manager on Windows 10: via cmd, run, shortcut
- How to find the hidden apps folder on Windows 10
- Reinstall Windows 10 without losing data: via USB or ISO