How to mount ISO files on Windows 10
Windows 10 is shipped with built-in CD/DVD Drive emulation capabilities, which makes it easy to mount or burn your ISO and IMG files (also called disc images).
What is a disc image?
A disc image is a file that encapsulates the data of a CD/DVD. One would require third-party software such as Nero, UltraISO, or Daemon Tools to mount (view the content) ISO and IMG files.
Windows 10 changes the rules as it integrates the necessary tools to mount/burn disc images.
How to mount a disc image?
With Windows 10, the mounting or burning of a disc image is a breeze. Click Start > File Explorer and browse for the desired ISO or IMG file. Right-click on the disc image and select the desired option:
- Mount: this option allows you to “load” the ISO file to a virtual drive. - Burn disc image: this option allows you to burn the content of the ISO file to a CD/DVD:
What to do when mounting options are missing?
Windows 10 won’t display the Mount and Burn disc image options if you already have burning software installed on your PC. In such cases, the trick is to mount your disc images by right-clicking on them > Open with > File Explorer.
Once done, head to This PC > Devices and drives to access the new virtual drive:
- Mount iso windows 10
- Windows 10 mount iso
- How to mount iso windows 10
- Windows 10 iso file download > Download - Windows
- Hp smart download windows 10 > Download - Other
- Subway surfers download for pc windows 10 > Download - Platform
- Find and mount > Download - Backup and recovery
- Kali linux iso > Download - Linux