Mozilla Thunderbird is an open-source, a cross-platform email client that includes a chat module, newsreader, web browsing and accounts management features.
- Customized email: Mozilla Thunderbird offers a quite unique feature. Indeed, when you are using this application, you are allowed to change your email address such as "email@example.com" for example. As for adding new contacts to your address book, you just have to click twice and it is done.
- Multi-channel chat: to exchange messages with your friends, the application also offers a real-time conversation with all your contacts right from your best messaging application such as Facebook chat, Google talk, IRC, Twitter, XMPP, etc.
- Web browsing: with this application, you can launch a search on the Internet without opening a browser. For that, you just have to type your word(s) in the search box and press Enter button. Otherwise, you can also highlight some words in your email for example and right-click, then select Search the web for.
- Mozilla Thunderbird can also manage large files and smart folders.
- It is integrated with add-ons manager, phishing protection, activity manager, attachment reminder and mail account setup wizard.
Is It Free?
The software is free, but you can donate to thank developers and help them continue improving the program.
Mozilla Thunderbird is also available for Mac and Linux computers.