Read on to find out how to send large attachments on Thunderbird via different methods.
Does Thunderbird have a size limit?
By default Thunderbird allows you to send attachments with a maximum size of 4GB.
How to increase the maximum file size allowed on Thunderbird?
1. Open Thunderbird and click on Tools > Options.
2. Go to the Attachments tab > Outgoing and check the Offer to share files larger than X MB tab and fill it with the value of your choice in MB.
How to use an online cloud storage service?
An alternative way to send large attachments is to link your Thunderbird mail client with a cloud storage service.
1. Open Thunderbird and go to Tools > Options.
2. Go to the Attachments tab and select Outgoing.
3. Click on the Add tab to create a Filelink storage service.
4. Select a cloud storage service and click on the Setup Account button.
5. A setup wizard shall open, simply follow its final instructions.
- Thunderbird attachment size limit
- Thunderbird file size limit
- Thunderbird maximum attachment size
- Gmail Doubles Attachment Size Limit - CCM
- Attach files on Gmail: on Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac > Guide
- Whatsapp status image size limit > Forum - WhatsApp
- How to set the maximum cache size in Firefox? > Guide
- Ntfs partition size limit for windows xp [solved] > Forum - Windows XP
- Add a signature in ThunderBird: to reply, with image
- Clear cache on Thunderbird
- Request a return receipt for your emails with Thunderbird
- Get a return receipt: on Outlook, Thunderbird