Thunderbird download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
Mozilla Thunderbird is an open-source, cross-platform email client that includes a chat module, newsreader, calendar, web browsing and accounts management features.
What are the key features of Thunderbird?
- Customized email client: Mozilla Thunderbird offers you a customizable interface, where you can set a theme, create shortcuts with your contacts, etc.
- Multichannel chat: to exchange messages with your friends, the application also offers a real-time conversation with all your contacts right from your messaging application such as Facebook Messenger, Google Talk, IRC, Twitter, XMPP, etc.
- Search: With this application, you can launch a search on your emails easily. For that, you just have to type your word(s) in the search box and press Enter button.
- Large attachments: Mozilla Thunderbird can also manage large files and smart folders making your attachments transfer faster.
- Other tools: It is integrated with an add-ons manager, phishing protection, activity manager, attachment reminder, and mail account setup wizard.
How does Mozilla Thunderbird work?
Thanks to the user-friendly interface, Mozilla Thunderbird is very easy to handle. Read this short article to learn how to send large attachments via Thunderbird and consult this one to discover how to clear cache and cookies. As for adding new contacts to your address book, you just have to click on a star icon next to the received message and enter the data. By clicking twice, you can fill in some additional info. If you’d like to add a signature to your mail, check this short guide.
How to upgrade Mozilla Thunderbird?
Mozilla Thunderbird gets automatic updates, though you can always do it manually. To do so, launch the program and go to menu bar and select About Thunderbird. Next, in the pop-up window, you will see that the software is checking for updates. When the update is ready to install, click on Restart Thunderbird to Update.
Is Mozilla Thunderbird Free?
The software is free, but you can make a donation to thank developers and help them continue improving the program.
Is Mozilla Thunderbird safe?
Thunderbird email client is safe since it protects your privacy, secures your email from scams, phishing, and cuts out junk emails.