The software application RSync is used synchronize and back-up files and directories. This application is a standard utility in Linux / Unix based systems but it is absent in Windows.RSync can be implemented on Windows but it is best to use cwRsync and DeltaCopy rsync. Installation of cwRync enables users to have a portable version of the application. Read on for more information.
Install RSync on Windows
- To install RSync on Windows, you first need to install Cygwin: http://www.cygwin.com/
- cwRync for Windows: https://www.itefix.net/
- DeltaCopy for Windows: http://www.aboutmyip.com/AboutMyXApp/DeltaCopy.jsp
- cwRsync and DeltaCopy rsync are both compatible with Linux / Unix.
Note: Older versions of RSync on Windows may be unreliable.
RSync Portable Version
If you need to put RSync command line on a USB flash drive to synchronize directories, you need to install cwRync and get the following files: rsync.exe, cygwin1.dll and cygz.dll
This allows you to synchronize local directories.
Example: It synchronizes the directory "F: / my files" on the USB key to the folder :c:\usb"
rsync -r -v --size-only --chmod=ugo=rwX "/cygdrive/f/my file" "/cygdrive/c/usb"
It is recommended to use - size-only because the modified date of files in Windows is not always reliable.
- chmod=ugo= rwX is important otherwise you cannot read the files in the destination (NTFS rights locked without this option)
Image © 123rf.com
- Rsync windows
- Rsync windows command line - Best answers
- Windows rsync - Best answers
- Xvideoservicethief 2019 linux ddos attack free download for windows 7 - Forum - Facebook
- Probleme après une restauration du système Windows 7 ✓ - Forum - Windows 7
- Xvideoservicethief 2018 linux hdd usb ports not working windows 7 - Forum - Hardware
- The report window is divided into three parts ✓ - Forum - Monitor
- Xvideoservicethief 2018 linux ddos attack free download for windows 7 - How-To - Ubuntu