Windows 10 introduces new multi-touch gestures to facilitate interaction with your desktop and apps. In this article, we will walk you through the steps on how to enable or disable this feature and make the most out of it.
What are the common touchpad gestures on Windows 10?
We have compiled a roundup of the common touchpad gestures available in Windows 10:
- Select an item (click): Tap on the touchpad. - Right-click: Use a 2 finger tap or press in the bottom-right corner. - Scroll: Slide horizontally or vertically with 2 fingers. - Zoom in/out: Make a 2 finger pinch or stretch. - Open Task View: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe upwards. - Show the desktop: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe downwards. - Switch between open windows: Place three fingers on the touchpad and swipe right or left. - Invoke Cortana or Action Center: 3 finger tap.
How to tell if your PC has a precision touchpad?
Some of the multi-touch gestures are only available with precision touchpad (a type of touchpad optimized for Windows 8, 8.1, and 10). Click on Start > Settings > Devices > Mouse & touchpad. If your laptop is equipped with a precision touchpad, a message that reads "Your PC has a precision touchpad" will be displayed at the top of the Touchpad settings page.
How to enable or disable touch gestures?
If you are having a hard time using the new gestures, click on the drop-down menu below To prevent the cursor from accidentally moving while you type, turn off taps or change the delay before taps works and adjust the touchpad delay.
Windows 10 also allows you to disable touch gestures. Scroll to the bottom of the Touchpad settings page and then turn off the touch gestures you don't want to use:
You can also set the default action assigned to the 3 finger tap. Click on the drop-down menu below Choose what to do with 3 fingers tap and select one of the available options: Nothing, Search with Cortana, or Open Action Center.
- "windows 10"
- Asus Touchpad Gestures Not Working After Windows 10 Upgrade
- How to Disable Touch Events on Google Chrome
- Touch screen is not functioning [solved] > Forum - Monitor
- Multicore CPU: How to Disable a Core
- My computer does not recognize my Creative mp3 [solved] > Forum - Hardware
- How to empty the Recycle bin on C drive in Windows 10?
- How to clear your Bluetooth sync history in Windows 10?
- Windows 10 desktop keyboard shortcuts: the ultimate guide
- How to customize Mail app settings on Windows 10
- LAN settings on Windows 10: check and configure
- Clear the Windows update cache: via cmd, Notepad
- How to change Windows 10's default photo viewer?
- Identify your motherboard on Windows 10: via cmd, DirectX
- How to fix F1 error at Windows startup?
- How to turn off system sounds on Windows 10
- How to remove password control at login on Windows 10?
- Change your computer name on Windows 10: via cmd, settings
- Pin Run to the Windows Start menu: on Windows 7/8/10
- Send text messages from Windows 10 via Your Phone app
- How to adjust default virtual memory size on Windows 10?
- How to install the latest Windows 10 update?
- How to create a Windows 10 bootable USB or installation DVD?
- Disable background apps: on Windows 10, 7, and 8
- Windows 10 Quick Access menu: customize and edit
- Delete Windows.old from Windows 10: via CCleaner, Start menu
- Save documents as PDF: on Windows 10, 8 and 7
- God Mode folder on Windows 10: features
- How to send email attachments on Windows 10?
- Customize the Send To menu on Windows 10: add items
- Change Windows 10 settings: language and region
- Reset Windows password: via cmd, without logging in
- Open the Device Manager on Windows 10: via cmd, run, shortcut
- How to find the hidden apps folder on Windows 10
- Reinstall Windows 10 without losing data: via USB or ISO