Windows - How to launch System Restore via the command prompt
You are unable to access your Windows session normally, due to some error (driver installation, Windows update) or virus infection. You can try to restore your system settings to an earlier date.
In this article you will learn how to launch the System Restore tool from Safe Mode, using the Command Prompt.
- Start your computer and tap the F8 key until the Windows advanced options menu appears.
- Using the arrow keys, select "Safe Mode with command prompt" and then press Enter.
- Sign-in using an administrator account.
- Once the command prompt is displayed, type the following command:
- Press Enter and from there simply follow the onscreen instructions.