This article will show you how to automatically disable the touchpad of your laptop when a USB mouse is connected.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Go to Hardware & Sounds > Device and Printers > Mouse.
- Select the last tab, which in most cases is the one referring to the trackpad:
- For Synaptic Touchpads: uncheck "Disable internal pointing device when external USB pointing device is attached".
- ELAN Touchpads: uncheck "Disable when external USB pointing device plug in".
Any more mouse-related questions? check out our forum!
Around the same subject
- Disable touchpad when mouse is connected
- Disable trackpad when mouse is connected
- How to disable touchpad windows 7
- Disable touchpad when mouse is connected windows 11 > Guide
- Internet connected but webpages won't load [solved] > Internet & Social Networks Forum
- Too many USB devices connected PS4: fix the error > Guide
- Yellow light on touchpad > Guide
- Disable trackpad when mouse is connected mac > Guide