VLC Media Player is a popular media player that is available for Windows, Mac, iOS, Apple TV, Android, and other platforms. It also allows users to upload the subtitle file directly to the player and play it along with the video. An ideal subtitle file will automatically be synced with video in the player. In this article we provide the procedure to follow should you find any mismatch in subtitle and video.
Sync Subtitle in VLC Media Player on Mac
To sync the subtitle in VLC Media Player on Mac, open the video you want to watch and click the Subtitles > Subtitle track to make sure that subtitles are on. Then, go to Window > Track Synchronization. Now, under the Subtitles/Video, go to Subtitle track synchronization and adjust the subtitles.
Enter a positive number if the subtitle is ahead and negative if it is behind.
Alternatively, you can also click H button on the keypad if the subtitle is behind and press J if it ahead. It will adjust the subtitle by 50 milliseconds.
How to Sync Subtitles in VLC on Windows
To adjust the subtitle, play the video and click Subtitle > Sub Track to make sure that subtitles are enabled. Then, go to Tools > Track Synchronisation. Now, in Subtitles/Video, adjust the subtitle using Subtitle track synchronisation.
Like Mac, you can alternatively click G if the subtitle is behind and H if it behind, to adjust it by 50 milliseconds. You can click these buttons multiple times to adjust the subtitle.
Image: © Maxim Apryatin - Shutterstock.com.
- How to sync subtitles in vlc
- Sync subtitles vlc - Best answers
- Vlc sync subtitles - Best answers
- How to add subtitles in vlc in laptop - How-To - VLC
- How to sync subtitles in smart tv - How-To - Hardware
- Mpc sync subtitles - How-To - Media player classic
- VLC - How to sync the audio track or subtitles of a video? - How-To - VLC
- VLC - Problem with subtitles - How-To - VLC