Blue screen after log in [Solved/Closed]

-
 manoj -
Hello,

After logging in on Vista, instead of going directly to the desktop, I see a totally blank blue screen. This lasts for several minutes before desktop eventually arrives. What happens with it?

Can anyone please help!
System Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explorer 8.0

1 reply

Hi,

I've read through dozens of possible solutions on the web. Can't believe there are dozens of possible causes to this vexing problem of a blue screen after doing a Vista log-in.

I was about to render my laptop a very expensive frisbee out a 10-story window. Thanks to many well-meaning souls out there who came up with their own solutions. I tried one after much trial and error and solved this problem (I realize not everyone is going to have the same cause/solution).

What worked for me is here:
  • Boot to safe mode with command prompt.
  • Type the MSCONFIG command, disable all startup programs and disable all services.

By process of elimination, I found the culprits to be Windows Event Collection and Windows Event Logging.
  • Still using MSCONFIG, I disabled them, re-booted, renamed \windows\system32\winevt\logs\system.evtx to \windows\system32\winevt\logs\ystem.evtxOLD, re-booted.
  • Enabled the two previously disabled Windows Event services in MSCONFIG, re-booted.
  • After logging in, checked Event Log in Control Panel/Admin to make sure it was working. MSCONFIG is a life saver.

Again, my thanks to those who have toiled with this problem and offered their solutions.

Thanks!
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2814 users have said thank you to us this month

Dear D from Hawaii
You are a miracle worker. I just tried the fix you suggested and bingo! Suddenly my laptop came back to life. I can't thank you enough. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I appreciate so much that you took the time to write this solution. You saved me money, time, and also my sanity!

Dear D from Haway
You are a life safer indeed. Many thanks from London for being so kind to writing down how to solve such a problem. Internet needs more people like you.
A very sincere thanks for a student that almost had to loose an assignment because of this fault

Some times a good old restore works too.
Hello. Can you explain that on a easyer way? Thanks.
In my case netpeeker software was the problem I removed it when safe mode. Then disabled all startup items and rebooted and everything is back to normal. Then I re-enabled the startup items one by one and now no problems ,

Thanks for pointing us in right direction.