My Ipod Touch 4th gen won't charge or turn on?

Closed
Ashleighmorgan03
Registration date
Monday August 6, 2018
Status
Last seen
August 6, 2018
- Updated on Aug 6, 2018 at 03:42 AM
Ashleighmorgan03
Registration date
Monday August 6, 2018
Status
Last seen
August 6, 2018
- Aug 6, 2018 at 07:07 PM
Hello,

I haven't been able to turn on my ipod touch and it won't charge.I can not do the thing where you hold down the home button and sleep/wake button for 30 seconds because my home button has fallen off.Right now I have it plugged into my samsung laptop and it shows up in my files but when you open it there is just an empty folder.Should I keep it or sell for parts.

Note:It was dropped and is currently smashed a little bit,and when it was working the keyboard was really bad.And I am pretty sure some cord got snapped last year by a friend.

1 reply

Blocked Profile
Aug 6, 2018 at 05:25 PM
It is broken. YOu stated yourself that it was dropped and "currently smashed a little".

Ashleighmorgan03
Registration date
Monday August 6, 2018
Status
Last seen
August 6, 2018

Aug 6, 2018 at 05:27 PM
Hi Mark,

That isnt gonna get me anywhere I am trying to fix it
Blocked Profile
Aug 6, 2018 at 05:28 PM
OK. So you have taken it apart?
Ashleighmorgan03
Registration date
Monday August 6, 2018
Status
Last seen
August 6, 2018

Aug 6, 2018 at 05:30 PM
No What do you mean,I dont know how
I guess that is my point. These devices cannot be fixed, if they are PHYSICALLY broken. You are not indicating that it is mis-configured, or you need help placing music or changing the time or something.

You have indicated that it will not turn on. There are NO USER serviceable parts in an IPOD.

You can take it to a technician, or attempt to FIX THE BROKEN part your self. Are you prepared to find replacement parts and acquire them to move forward in your FIX? If not, then there is no magic button to hit. Not on IPOD, not on a website. We cannot offer you any fix for a PHYSICALLY BROKEN device. Get it?
Ashleighmorgan03
Registration date
Monday August 6, 2018
Status
Last seen
August 6, 2018

Aug 6, 2018 at 05:36 PM
These devices can sometimes be fixed,so what I am trying to do is to see what is broken exactly and how I can fix it