Help Me ... MY WD Passport Isnt coming up

Closed
0311Marine - Nov 28, 2010 at 02:28 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 28, 2010 at 02:59 PM
Hello,

I have an ACER and I run Windows 7 and I have an WD Passport and it wont come up on My Computer ... It comes up on my Computer Management and ask me to Initialize Disk .... If i do that well I lose my Pictures ... I have alot of things and Memorey on it I spent 6 Years in the Marine Corp and I lost a lot of friends in Iraq and I have there Pictures on there and My Sons
Birth on it witch I miss cuz I was in Iraq .... Some one Help me ....

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 28, 2010 at 02:59 PM
Your symptoms are those of a failed disk. Windows can't read the disk so it assumes you need to format it. Your only hope is that its a limited failure and that recovery software can find some or all of your data. You can Google "Windows Data Recovery" to find recovery software. You need to first download a FREE (usually limited functionality) version to see if any data can be recovered. No need to buy a program that can't recover your data. One such free download is Easeus Data Recovery Wizard.

Good Luck