Windows shut down - restart attempt fails

Solved/Closed
ParisArkw Posts 1 Registration date Saturday May 3, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 4, 2008 - May 4, 2008 at 05:11 PM
 surgam - Aug 26, 2013 at 09:18 AM
Desperate need of help! My laptop froze and I had to manually shut it off to restart it. When it restarted it came up with the black screen/white letters that reads:

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully...etc..."

And it gave me options as to continue in "Safe Mode" and to continue normally...I've tried each of the options and each one results in a blue screen that flashes really quickly with white words but my computer shuts off automatically, not giving me time to read any of it. It restarts on its own and does the same thing. I've tried not selecting anything and letting it "start windows" in its own "in 30 seconds". And still it goes to the blue screen.

So I grabbed my camera and recorded it so I could pause and read it. What I see is that:

"A problem has occurred and Windows has been shut down to protect damage to your [somethingorother]."

And then it says that it could be because of hardware/software that's been unproperly downloaded or something and to make sure that it's downloaded correctly. But I can't get on the computer to do that! (Keeps shutting off after that.) Is this fixable? I can say goodbye to the computer - but I can't say goodbye to the files!!! Are they rescuable to put onto another computer somehow if it can't be fixed? Please help.

94 responses

the prob. is that your kernel of os in corrupted....try to repair system with bootable cd....
if it's take no effect ...then you have to reformat your system....

and listen....use reliable recovery software...user "rollback Rx...." which is best software for windows prob. which is occurd by virus or another .....
this software restore your system at healthy state in 10 seconds. it restore ur system ethier ur system is not booting....
it's simple ...install rollback after installing window.....and take a snapshot of your system ....which takes 5 seconds...
you take more than 1000 snapshots ....and it's take no hidden space in harddisk...snapshot takes... 10mb-20mb and more than 100 mb....

when you ever face prob in window.... simply open rollback rx and restore system at healthy snapshot....
when your system are not booting...simple press F8 key at boot time and rollback menu appears at boot time..and you can also choose snap shot for restoration there and bring back system to healthy state.....
pls try this software.....

this is wonderful software .......it's safe ur money time and your system.....

ENJOY rollback............
computer wizard
Dec 1, 2008 at 06:46 PM
Try removing the battery from the motherboard, opening your hard drive as the master in another computer to find out whether or not the mother board is bad, and once you get it working do a system restore(start,all programs,accessories,system tools) put it back before it messed up
It may be due to SP 2 or 3. Do your computers have an AMD CPU?
No AMD CPU's? Oh well, the script does not work for Intel CPU's. Merry Christmas.
Press F8 And Go On Reboot And Reboot it Thats How I FIxed mine I dont think it has it on windows xp home it has it on Windows Xp professional so just click reboot it will restore everything to factory settings (Everything Will Be erased Music,Pictures,movies ETC

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
nice job with the paragh.
Cyber Tech Posts 7 Registration date Monday December 15, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 16, 2008 2
Dec 16, 2008 at 03:27 AM
Protect your PC.
Are you searching for antispyware at an affordable price? Then look no further. I have the perfect solution for you. I have found a scan that works as well as Norton and other scans that are more expensive. If you are interested in learning more then you can go to https://www.hugedomains.com/domain_profile.cfm?d=search-and-destroy&e=com and see for yourself what the antispyware solution from Search-and-destroy has to offer. I'm sure that you will be very happy with Search-and-destroy Antispyware because I was and I have tried many different types of scans in the past. It's a wonderful solution to that will help protect your PC.
I had this problem and didn't go through any of the F8 stuff to recover my hard drive. I just removed the hard drive and bought a transfer kit, so I could load my hard drive to another computer. After that I just formatted the hard drive and reloaded the operating system and other software. Actually, my computer is fast again, so it worked out okay.
Desperate need of help! My pc froze and I had to manually shut it off to restart it. When it restarted it came up with the black screen/white letters that reads:

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully...etc..."

And it gave me options as to continue in "Safe Mode" and to continue normally...I've tried each of the options and each one results in a blue screen that flashes really quickly with white words but my computer shuts off automatically, not giving me time to read any of it. It restarts on its own and does the same thing. I've tried not selecting anything and letting it "start windows" in its own "in 30 seconds". And still it goes to the black screen
yeah I got it dont press f8 press f2 then bios csreen will come go to advance by pressing aerrows check IDL configer and reboot ur system then finally it will appear black screen go to last attempt good configer then press enter may be it will help for you
thanks
oh dude...cool down...itz not any virus..it is called blue screen of death[BSOD]...it happens when ur virtual memory is low n u disable restart.....to stop BSOD and enable automatic restart.
right clik on my computer-clik properties-advanced-in startup and recovery column clik settings-chek the automaticly restart box-clik ok...
u have stopped blue screen of death...
BSOD FAILS > archit
Jun 12, 2009 at 04:37 PM
Hey people he said that his computer automatically shuts down! He cannot go to My Computer or any of that junk. So I think he computer is messed up... Just get a new one or take it to the pros and see if they can find the problem. Might be in the win32 files that are the mainframe of your computer. It could be a bad binary code of somesuch. Don't feel bad I spilt milk on my laptop yesterday and it gives me same message "Windows has been shut down to protect your computer, etc." and I couldn't get the battery out in time so yeah my lappy is fried. Hopefully yours was still under warranty and you can get a new one. Best of luck to ya.
Honey > archit
Feb 18, 2010 at 04:23 PM
Thank you for your help you fixed my problem Thank you really much :D
Honey > archit
Feb 18, 2010 at 04:25 PM
Thank you for your help you fixed my problem Thank you really much :D and sorry for the post at the bottom :P
the same thing happened with my laptop,,,,, I think the problem is on the memory (RAM),, try to clean the pin of your ram using isopropyl alcohol and cotton ,,, if it doesn't work,,, change your memory into a new one....
thanks for the help!!!
I have that same thing on my laptop. I can't seem to start it. If you figure it out, please email me at tahitiichic@yahoo.com
I have the same problem of windows
it is not starting
if I click on start windows normally then the blue screen comes ]
somes its on but it is always happening from last 3 days

please tell me what should I do now
Hi. The same thing with the blue screen keeps happening to me and I keep restarting it and the blue screen keeps pooping up.
My uncle's Dell laptop has a damaged screen and he used another monitor as modem to back up his laptop.The problem started when he inserted a disc,probably with the virus,because the laptop was not able to reject it and he decided to switch it of and restart it again,but it showed something like the windows was not started successfully,so it detected some conviniences and shut down tom prevent some damages.It has refused to display anything to the supporting modem (monitor) and it was hard to read what was below that statement.Tell me what to do?
guys I rang sony and they said press f8 and says restore computer try that mine didnt work but hopefully yours will
I have the same ploblem !!! I think its a virus
I am using windows xp . this virus came to my pc when I changed my boot screen .
I pressed F8 and I enabled all of options , when I restart my pc, now even my key board is not working.

could anyone tell me how can I enable my key board?PLS

thanks ,
I keep reading to press F8 to enter BIOS. F8 takes you to Safe Mode. You want to press F2 during startup to enter your BIOS. F12 will take you to other boot options. Pay close attention to your Boot-Up Screen at the beginning. Look at the corners of the screen. Usually it's on the upper right. Sometimes at the bottom. This will tell you which button to press. Here's a trick you can do. If you can get into Safe Mode .... from your Start Menu click Run ..... type msconfig .......from there select to boot in Diagnostic Mode. Close it out. Restart, and see if you can get to your desktop from there. It disables most of 'your junk' and 'Microsoft's junk'. Similar to Safe Mode, but will run 32 bit applications. If it works then you have a software issue with one of the items that was disabled. Sometimes it could even have been one of Microsoft's updates. Perhaps you can use a Restore Point from there IF you know about when it began.

I got this from Dell about restoring back to factory settings without a CD. YOU WILL LOSE ALL PREVIOUS DATA!! This is also if your system is still as it was from the factory with all the software they preloaded still on it. Apparently a copy of the original OS is hidden inside a partition apart from Windows. Dell's website has the procedure here:

https://www.dell.com/support/contents/fr-fr/category/Product-Support/Self-support-Knowledgebase

First is to remove all the cables, and external goodies from the PC. Except, of course, your monitor, keyboard, and mouse. If it doesn't work for you then click on how to do a manual reinstall under step 4.

GOOD LUCK.
You have yo re install windows the same happened to me
Hi All,

Help Plsssssssssssssssss

2 Days before it got hanged and forcefully shut it down. After tht my computer is restarting again and again, Meaning when I start the computer it restarts again and again
doesn't go in at all, it boots, thn give me options like
1) Safe Mode
2) Safe Mode with Network
3) Safe Mode with Command prompt

or Normal windows start

But regardless of whtever option I select, it doesnt do anythin expect it restarts and comes back to this screen again