How can I reset my Toshiba satellite a205?

Solved/Closed
rtizzer Posts 3 Registration date Thursday June 14, 2012 Status Member Last seen June 19, 2012 - Jun 19, 2012 at 01:30 AM
 Bth1lvr - Oct 25, 2012 at 02:11 PM
Hello,
I have tried everything. The holding zero thing, which won't work for some reason. I've tried creating a recovery disk but I don't have a recovery disk creator in my programs. I can't figure out how to restore it to factory settings. I'm selling it in a few days, PLEASE help.

3 responses

When the toshiba name comes on the screen when turning on, hit f2 repeatedly. Arrow over to exit and down to restore default or the likewise. Hit f10 then enter. When your computer comes back on, go to system restore and select the one you want. Hit next then confirm. It's the only thing that worked for me. Hope it helps!!!
Blocked Profile
Jun 19, 2012 at 02:10 AM
Hi,

Follow instructions on link below from Faq:

https://ccm.net/faq/4811-restore-toshiba-laptop-to-factory-settings

Thanks
rtizzer Posts 3 Registration date Thursday June 14, 2012 Status Member Last seen June 19, 2012 1
Jun 19, 2012 at 02:59 AM
That didn't help. I've read that forum over 5 times already, I said in my original question that I don't have a recovery disk, cannot make one, and when I hold 0 during startup I am not prompted for anything. It makes the noise, I release the 0 key, and it just continues to startup regularly.
Blocked Profile
Jun 19, 2012 at 03:57 AM
Hi,

If you do not have the recovery partition also then holding 0 will make no difference for which you will have top boot system using any windows installation disk then format and reinstall windows.

Good luck