No internet

Closed
Sadpanda826 Posts 1 Registration date Monday December 10, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 10, 2012 - Dec 10, 2012 at 06:38 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Dec 13, 2012 at 03:44 AM
Hello, so i tried to download microsoft word and got this 7zip thing instead now i tried to uninstall it and it went away but now my internet explorer will not open. The window comes up but shuts down immediatly. I can click on it 500 times it will not load. But if i right click on it is when it opens then just shuts down. tried to run a scan with norton 360 and it froze up. so i uninstalled norton ( as per norton tech support) and then they tell me its the service providers problem. i call the ISP and they tell me its my computer, is there a way i can get on the internet so i can get a recovery program or something. laptop works fine but desk top is messed up. Please any help would be greatly apprieciated. tried to run in safe mode and it still will not do anything. it says im connected but yet it will not even give it a chance to load.

Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Dec 13, 2012 at 03:44 AM
Hi Sadpanda826,

From your description of the problem it seems Microsoft Internet Explorer is not functioning properly. Try to uninstall/install the Internet Explorer:

1. Click the Start button, type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.
2. Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.
3. Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.
4. Click Restart now to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 9 and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer.

If the steps above don't fix the issue, try using a different browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome and see if the issue still remains.

Do reply with results.

Note: The system configuration you have mentioned in your forum appears as Windows 7 / Internet Explorer 9.0. I have provided the resolution accordingly.